Stains

For our homes and gardens

Stains

Postby Gal » 06 Nov 2015, 17:15

I have a pouffe (sp?) which is part of my three piece suite for the living room - it's been in the conservatory for ages but I thought I would bring it back into the living room and use it to put our feet up on while telly viewing :D

Problem is, there is a large greasy stain on the top. I know how it happened, I had a moment of madness a couple of Christmases back where I placed the cooked turkey on it, and the juices must have seeped through the cooking tin whatsit....this is likely why I haven't had it in use in our main living room.

Can anyone suggest a way of removing the stain? Sadly the cover isn't removable or I'd have chucked it in the wash. I've tried using a carpet/upholstery cleaner to no avail...
Gal

Re: Stains

Postby Kaz » 06 Nov 2015, 17:40

Try some Fairy Liquid and a nail brush. Work a little in gently, scrub well then 'rinse' it off using a clean cloth and water until the FL is out. I find Fairy gets grease out really well, I often work a little into grease spots before popping dirty clothes in the washer.
Kaz

Postby Gal » 06 Nov 2015, 18:43

Use the FL neat Kaz?
Gal

Postby Kaz » 06 Nov 2015, 19:16

I would but I forgot to say dampen the stain first xxx
Kaz

Postby Aggers » 14 Nov 2015, 23:34

Did it work, Gal?
Aggers

Postby Gal » 15 Nov 2015, 14:10

Just tried it this morning Aggers......it's still damp atm but I suspect it might have to be re-done a few times :|
Gal

Postby Kaz » 15 Nov 2015, 18:22

Hope it works Gal, it might need persistence but Fairy is hard to beat at getting out grease xxxx
Kaz

Postby Ally » 15 Nov 2015, 21:38

I agree with Kaz Gal - FL is great stuff. :D :D

You could always try baking soda onto a damp cloth, dab it on gently, leave for a few hours and wipe off with a dry cloth.

I think my mum done that years ago with a greasy mark on her sofa and it worked a treat.

But then I'm not sure if it would work better if it's treated straight away?

Let us know how you get on Gal. x
Ally
Site Admin

Return to Homes and Gardens