At long last my laundry room is finished ..

For our homes and gardens

At long last my laundry room is finished ..

Postby debih » 07 Nov 2015, 17:53

And I love it. Well finished apart from painting the wall around the window.

It's a teeny tiny space and difficult to photograph but I've took one of my favourite bit - my hanging rail!

You go in through a folding door. To the right is my dirty laundry basket and some small shelves and then a recess with the boiler on the wall and a cupboard under it (housing towels, tablecloths and napkins) and also space for my ironing basket, Hoover, steam mop and washing baskets. Opposite he door is the window and the electric heater which is independent to the gas central heating.

To the left of the door is my washer and dryer under a worktop with shelves above. My super duper rail runs across the length of the room. And there is space for my clothes horse (thought you can't swing a cat once it's up).

I've not had to use my dryer once since its been finished as I hang all shirts and sweatshirts and I also have one of those little underwear hanger things with pegs on on the rail, put trousers, etc on my clothes horse, put the heater on low and shut the door (there are vents above the door so the heat also comes out and circulates on the corridor).

It was fab today when we came back soaked from riding. Coats, hats and boots were dry within 30 minutes!

How sad that I am so excited about a laundry room!

Sent from Santas grotto
Life begins at the end of your comfort zone!
debih

Re: At long last my laundry room is finished ..

Postby Kaz » 07 Nov 2015, 18:58

Oh noooo not sad at all, I would love a rail like that!!!! :D I do have my little utility room with sink, dryer and washer, and I'm very glad of it, but there's no space for a rail, and that would be sooooo useful! Stuff like jumpers that can't be tumbled in winter has to go over the kitchen rads, or even the door frames, and I dislike having to do that!

Yours is fab! :mrgreen: :geek: :Hi: :Hi:
Kaz

Postby saundra » 07 Nov 2015, 22:29

If always in the winter dry jumpers tops on coathangers in the doorways upstairs during the day
Then hang them in my airing cupboard at night
Very handy debih
Kaz my friend had a clothes hanger thing from the ceiling think it's called a lazy sausan
saundra

Postby Kaz » 07 Nov 2015, 22:37

The trouble is Saundra that my utility is actually a tiny room between the kitchen and back doors and hanging clothes from the ceiling in there would seriously get in the way! :roll:

I don't have an airing cupboard either :(
Kaz

Postby cruiser2 » 30 Dec 2015, 10:00

Mrs.e puts towels and other big items on our maiden near the boiler to dry before putting them in the dryer. This is usually overnight.
We do not have an airing cupboard or rail.
Looks good Debih.
cruiser2

Postby Gal » 30 Dec 2015, 12:29

saundra wrote:If always in the winter dry jumpers tops on coathangers in the doorways upstairs during the day

I do that, leave them a couple of nights if necessary, does the job. No utility here, and no 'proper' airing cupboard, just a storage cupboard since the combi was installed. I put most things on rads when they are on, or over chairs. I try not to use the tumblie too much - trying to be green, here, y'know :)

Debih that looks great! :)
Gal

Return to Homes and Gardens