X or Twitter down

For all those techno questions

X or Twitter down

Postby TheOstrich » 19 May 2024, 23:52

I've not been able to access X alias Twitter for several days now.
Can anyone else get into it? :)
TheOstrich

Re: X or Twitter down

Postby Workingman » 20 May 2024, 16:03

Never used it so don't know but you could try this: https://downdetector.co.uk/status/twitter/

Scroll down to the map click and zoom in. I bit earlier it was showing problems Weston to Bridgewater way.
Workingman

Postby TheOstrich » 20 May 2024, 17:42

Thanks for that, WM - I have been monitoring Downdetector a bit recently as this problem has been ongoing.

As far as I can glean, the scuttlebut is that it's something to do with Musk transferring everything over from twitter to x.com, and certain browsers are having difficulty with it.
Bearing this out, I've since found I can access it via Chrome rather than my default Edge.

I only really use x these days as a source of information on local football clubs who don't operate a FB page.
TheOstrich

Postby Suff » 22 May 2024, 23:03

Ossie, I use it daily. I didn't have an issue and I use Edge all the time. Mind you I switched to X.com as soon as the change over happened. I've been entering x.com for weeks now. Before it switched over to Twitter.com but now it stays on x.com.

Because I never enter twitter.com is probably why I didn't seen an issue.

Now total net outages in France, including mobile. Yep I've been seeing some issues getting on X these last two days. :mrgreen:
There are 10 types of people in the world:
Those who understand Binary and those who do not.
Suff

Return to Computers etc