this appears

For all those techno questions

this appears

Postby victor » 29 Sep 2016, 09:48

using Google Chrome,videos now won't play,just get this on the actual video screen -----cannot load plug in-----

seen my computer guy and he can't figure it,reckons it is Chrome having a problem

any ideas you clever people?

thanks
victor

Re: this appears

Postby Workingman » 29 Sep 2016, 13:23

Vic, it is almost certainly the Flash plugin causing problems, but there are a few things to look at before looking deeper.

First, with chrome open make sure it is the latest version by going to the three horizontal lines, top right and left click. Scroll down to Help and a [pop-out will appear. Highlight About Google Chrome and click. A new tab will open and Google wil helpfully check your version of Chrome and update it, just follow the on screen instructions. Now go and see if your video will play. If it does then all is well, if it does not you will neeed to look at the Flash plugin(s).

Plugins in Chrome are not visible by default and there are no helpful menu options to get you to them, you have to do it manually, but don't worry it is quite easy.

Open a new blank tab by clicking the button next to the last open tab and in the address bar type, about:plugins and hit enter. In the list that opens click on 'Details' at top right, this will make all plugins visible and editable. Look for Flash. If you see two Flash files this is almost certain to be the problem. Go to the one with the lowest version number and disable it. If the highest version number has been disabled then enable it.

Example.
Adobe Flash Player - Version: 23.0.0.166 Enabled
Adobe Flash Player - Version: 22.0.0.035 Disabled

Relaunch Chrome

Note: If when you get to plugins there is only one version of Adobe Flash Player make sure there is not an option: Download Critical Security Update next to the version number. If there is then follow the link and any instructions.
Workingman

Postby victor » 29 Sep 2016, 14:29

cheers Frank,off out now but will look tonight
victor

Postby Workingman » 29 Sep 2016, 14:36

OK, Vic, but I will just add this. The problem is with chrome/Flash. What I suggested above only takes a few minutes, but if they do not work what I would do is uninstall Chrome and use CCleaner registry tool to clear out the gunk. I would then go back to Google and download the latest version and do a clean install of that.

It is not worth the time and effort of doing a full fault finding and diagnosis for a browser
Workingman

Postby victor » 29 Sep 2016, 22:30

Google says its up to date
victor

Postby Workingman » 29 Sep 2016, 22:39

OK, does the video now play?

If not it is Flash, so that needs doing using the about:plugins method.
Workingman

Return to Computers etc