Alli & Aggers Meet.

For all those techno questions

Re: Alli & Aggers Meet.

Postby Paddypix » 01 Dec 2012, 12:57

WM, I thought Tinypic and Photobucket were now one and the same. When I go to Tinypic.com the search box says "search Photobucket". :?
Paddypix

Postby Workingman » 01 Dec 2012, 13:05

Oh, well spotted Liz. You're right, it is owned and operated by Photobucket, it is just the simple "load and link" arm without all of the bells, whistles and other intrusions.

It is, however, very easy to use, but it has limited photo manipulation tools, though the basics are there.
Workingman

Postby Aggers » 01 Dec 2012, 19:08

Thanks, Frank. You have, as usual, been most helpful and I do appreciate your help on these occasions.

TBH I do get wound up sometimes with all this modern technology. I've had a basin-full of it lately, what with my new laptop. Windows 7, a new printer, Wendy's new phone and camera - and the new VV website - to mention but a few :lol:

But with someone like you to help it's not so bad.
Aggers

Postby Kaz » 01 Dec 2012, 19:30

Just to say that the Photo board is indeed private, but this is the Computer Board, which is not ;)

You can easily tell which are closed ie private boards - if you log out and go to the Board Index you will be seeing what a guest sees, and so the private boards will have disappeared :)
Kaz

Postby Workingman » 01 Dec 2012, 19:32

Aggers wrote:TBH I do get wound up sometimes with all this modern technology......

Aggers, I learned a long time ago to step away, go for a walk, clear my head.................... it's not worth the blood pressure.

The help on here, on any of the boards, is just that - help.

It is easy to give and great to receive. I know, I have benefited both ways.
Workingman

Postby Suff » 01 Dec 2012, 21:42

Aggers wrote:Thank you Frank for your help.

I must confess I get more confused every time I deal with this matter

They keep changing things to make them more "simple" to use.... Needless to say that just confuses everyone but those who have never seen it before. I had to look up the help on Flickr to find out what they'd done with the image links....

That being said, the image options for linking are much better in flickr than in picasa.

I'm assuming, like WM, that the image you posted is no longer addressable. That can be for a variety of reasons. Making it private as WM says, or changing it in some way which gives it a new name and the old name is lost. As the link is direct to the name of the picture on the website, then this would break the link.

When links like this are broken, the best way to fix them are to go back to the image, copy the link again, edit the post and paste the updated link....

I use picasa for my online pictures but only to show people things. ALL my photos are in multiple locations as backup and online is only ever for presentation, not for storage.
There are 10 types of people in the world:
Those who understand Binary and those who do not.
Suff

Previous

Return to Computers etc