Printer has stppoed working

For all those techno questions

Printer has stppoed working

Postby cruiser2 » 01 Jan 2018, 16:41

I have an Epson WF2750 All In One printer. The light is on and the cables are correctly inserted. Never had this problem before.
No paper jam
I have installed the latest upgrades for W10. I now cannot print anything.
Have made a new document using Open Office 4.3.1 and also tried an old one which I have saved in My documents.
The Pc is 64 bit and I use CC Cleaner, 360 Total Security and Malwarebytes.
It is three years old and has recently been checked by a local computer shop as I had a problem not related to this.
Any help much appreciated.
cruiser2

Re: Printer has stppoed working

Postby Suff » 02 Jan 2018, 00:19

Sorry heading for the UK tomorrow and Wednesday. Shutting the house down for a while.

The first place I'd go is the Control Panel->Hardware->Printers.

Check your printer is listed and then see if you can find it's status. If it says it's offline, then either try to diagnose why it is showing offline or uninstall it and re-install it.

Those would be my first actions.

You say the cables are all connected?? If it is network connected (not USB), I'd check that the address of the printer has not changed. This often happens where your printer automatically gets it's IP address but you have had a lot of visitors whilst the printer is off. Because of the lease time of the addresses, you find your printer has "moved" and you need to get it set up again.

I always use fixed IP addresses on my printers because there is a high churn on my network
There are 10 types of people in the world:
Those who understand Binary and those who do not.
Suff

Re: Printer has stppoed working

Postby cruiser2 » 02 Jan 2018, 16:28

Suff,
Thank you for your reply.
Have managed to get it working again. Finally removed the drivers from the PC and then downloaded them again. Took some time but back to normal again.
cruiser2

Return to Computers etc