All in One Printers

For all those techno questions

All in One Printers

Postby cruiser2 » 26 May 2019, 18:33

The paper tray on my printer will not go fully home. This means that I cannot print or copy anything. It will still scan so I am saving some documents.
It is over three years old so am thinking of getting a new one.

As I do not need colour, am thinkiking of one of these.
HP Laser Jet Pro M28w or Brother MFC-J5330DW.
They are both just over £100.00 and with one supplier there is a cash back offer.

Any advice much appreciated
cruiser2

Re: All in One Printers

Postby TheOstrich » 26 May 2019, 23:02

I've got a Kodak printer-scanner-copier at the moment, Cruiser, but I've had Hewlett Packard ones before that, and all have been fine.

I'm sure you can get decent ones well below £100, though, but I wouldn't want to recommend one brand or model particularly.

When you're weighing up which to buy, I'd take careful heed of how much the ink cartridges or the laser toner cartridges cost to replace, mind you …… :?
TheOstrich

Re: All in One Printers

Postby Suff » 24 Jun 2019, 11:46

Hi Cruiser,

I bought on of these last year in an Amazon lightning sale for £150.

I went laser because we had had way too many problems with clogged inkjet nozzles and feed tubes once the printer went over 3 years old. Two downsides. The pictures are matte and flat, they don't come up to even medium inkjet quality even on good paper. Only 1,300 pages on the normal cartridges. However we did get full cartridges with the printer, not the starter stuff all inkjets come with. I bought a set of XL cartridges for just over £100 which was about what I was paying for ink on the old printer.

Worth checking the lightning deals on Amazon, as you can see, even a year later, I got ~£100 off the model.
There are 10 types of people in the world:
Those who understand Binary and those who do not.
Suff

Return to Computers etc