Help please, black screen on tablet!!

For all those techno questions

Re: Help please, black screen on tablet!!

Postby Gal2 » 15 Feb 2020, 20:18

I saw this remedy on t'internet, and have attempted to get the back off, but I think it's welded on, there's just no way it's budging!! :roll:
Gal2
Site Admin

Postby Workingman » 15 Feb 2020, 22:56

Gal, I watched a few videos on this and it's special tool time - a spudger (prising tool) and tweezers type pliers.

The battery connector is a ribbon feed and needs careful work to prise it out without damaging the connecting block, and as the battery is glued in there are plenty of warnings about cracking the glass when prising it out..

If I had a completely dead one I would have a go just to see what was in there, but if there is any chance of getting it working again I would give it to a pro with all the kit and insurance should he fork it up, but as a new one is only £50 I would want a nailed down price before handing it over. As an example of price I dropped my phone when putting in a new SIM card and broke the card holder. It was only a simple desolder and resolder job with the new one but it cost £28.

I give my old broken tech to the local school's technology teachers so that the kids can have a play and see what the stuff that makes their phones and things looks like on the inside.
Workingman

Postby Gal2 » 16 Feb 2020, 19:19

:) x
Gal2
Site Admin

Postby Suff » 20 Feb 2020, 11:08

Glue is an issue, you need heat in that case, most people use a hairdryer.

Annoying that the battery connection is underneath it though.

I have two sets of tools for opening cases and you do need a spitting tool to force the plastic clips.
There are 10 types of people in the world:
Those who understand Binary and those who do not.
Suff

Previous

Return to Computers etc