Complaint settled

For all those techno questions

Complaint settled

Postby cruiser2 » 29 Mar 2013, 20:41

My contract with my existing ISP finished in January this year, so I am now on a monthly rolling contract. Wrote to them at the end of January with four questions. Got a reply in February asking for information which I had already given in the original letter. Also sent an email asking for a response. I have recently had a problem with my broadband connection. Managed to get it sorted without any help from my ISP. I had phoned them several times but couldn't understand that as I did not have a broadband connection I could not do what they wanted.
Managed to get the email address of the COE and decided to send him an email. He replied within 24 hours and said I would be contacted by a member of his staff. Had an email and then a phone call from a very nice lady who had access to all my correspondence, listened to what I had to say and answered my questions. Have since had an email confirming everything.
Reading the forum for this ISP, I am one of many customers who complains about the poor service with the same problem being voiced by different people.
I am still going to change as I can much faster broadband for the same price with another ISP.
cruiser2

Re: Complaint settled

Postby Suff » 30 Mar 2013, 01:36

Old story Cruiser. But well done on following up and getting a resolution.

Just remember that base figures do not a service make. You also have to look at the service quality and contention figures.
There are 10 types of people in the world:
Those who understand Binary and those who do not.
Suff

Re: Complaint settled

Postby Workingman » 31 Mar 2013, 14:05

Well done for sticking with it and getting a result Cruiser.

To add to what Suff says, look for figures (speed/reliability etc) for your area. National figures are not always representative.
Workingman

Return to Computers etc