Accessing Emails

For all those techno questions

Accessing Emails

Postby cruiser2 » 30 Jun 2020, 11:42

I am having problems logging in to one of my email addresses.
It is xxxxxx@gmx.com.

It worked correctly yesterday.
But I now get a message to say the email address and/or password is wrong.
Have contacted GMX and am waiting for information to correct the fault.

Any help much appreciated.
cruiser2

Re: Accessing Emails

Postby Workingman » 01 Jul 2020, 14:32

Cruiser, go to the gmx home page and click the Log in button and try from there, if it fails there is a question at the bottom "Can't access your account?"

Click on that and choose the E-mail option from the menu icons. In there is another option "I know my e-mail address and password, but I cannot log in". Click and go through the information to see if there is help.

I suspect that at the end of the day you might have to reset your password; there is a link at the bottom of the page.

If so, do it this way: Open a text editor and type in your new password. It should be a minimum of characters and have at least one capital letter and one numeral. An example might be Cru1singM@n. Save that file, save it, save it..... put it somewhere you can find it again!!! Copy and paste the text into the new Password box and do it again in the Confirm Password box, then go and Log in again.

If you use an email client such as Thunderbird / Essential PIM, or other, you will have to go to Account Settings and change the password in the POP3 and SMTP servers as well. If you have not accessed gmx via an email client for some time then POP3 and SMTP is deactivated. Go to gmx email >>> More >>> E-mal settings >>> POP3 and IMAP then click on the "Detailed instructions on how to set up your e-mail application with GMX can be found in our help section.". In the new link click on POP3 Server Data and there you will find all the necessary information. The sever passwords are the same as for your login - do the copy and paste method.
Workingman

Re: Accessing Emails

Postby cruiser2 » 01 Jul 2020, 16:56

Success,
I didn't realise that I had to input a nine digit code which had been sent to my mobile phone.
So have changed my pass word and everthing is working correctly.
Just shows you need a mobile phone in addition to making calls and sending texts.
My bank uses the same system if you are doing a money transfer on line.
cruiser2

Return to Computers etc