Scanning to PCa

For all those techno questions

Scanning to PCa

Postby cruiser2 » 01 Sep 2020, 12:19

Have got a new Xerox laser printer A B205.

I am trying to scan documents and put them in folders on my PC.
The scan takes place but I cannot then transferit to the PC. There is a window but it will not allow me to load the folder I want the scanned document to be sent to.
Have tried to find solution in the instruction manual but cannot find a solution.

May buy a seperate scanner such as the Canon Lide 220.
Any advice much appreciated
cruiser2

Re: Scanning to PCa

Postby Suff » 02 Sep 2020, 11:00

I had a look at the manual Cruiser, it is not that helpful without the machine in front of me.

If you are running windows 10 please try the following.

Press the Windows key to bring up the menu
type on the keyboad, scan
Click on the Scan a document or picture icon.
Select New Scan
A dialog box will come up and should list your available devices which are configured to scan
If you see the device, click on it and follow the instructions.

If not, your printer has a scan to USB option. You can scan your document to USB and then put the USB stick into the PC and get the scanned image. Not so handy but still an option.

I never liked the Xerox apps, they were a nightmare for scanning.
There are 10 types of people in the world:
Those who understand Binary and those who do not.
Suff

Postby Workingman » 03 Sep 2020, 13:33

I had a similar problem with my Epson all-in-one wireless / network does everything machine, except that it didn't - it wouldn't scan. It would copy, it would print, it would email and it would sing and dance, but it would not scan. It was physically connected to my PC using a USB cable and that was the problem. The machine accepted all the parameters I gave it to scan on its control panel and it was ready to scan. I also got a window up on the PC for the scan.... then nothing.

It turned out that the default installation from Epson's CD did not install the Epson Scan Utility, I suspect from having done a bit of reading that Xerox is the same, it needs Xerox Easy Print Manager to be installed. It should be on the CD but if not it is here: https://www.support.xerox.com/en-gb/pro ... m=win10x64

This video shows you how to find it once it is installed and then you are ready to go:
https://www.support.xerox.com/en-gb/pro ... uage=en_GB

Getting it started using the method in the video is long-winded. I suggest that you go to the Windows icon on the taskbar and search for it in the apps and then drag it to the tiles on the start menu.

Please let me know how you get on.
Workingman

Postby cruiser2 » 04 Sep 2020, 10:27

Thank you both for your replies.

Will try over the week end Am looking after mres.e as she has her left arm in plaster. It comes off next Thursday.
cruiser2

Postby Workingman » 04 Sep 2020, 11:37

Just to let you know.....

If you download the drivers from the link I provided you need to unzip them to a folder. Go to the folder and look in there to find another called Application. Open that and look for EPM and in there you will find the Setup utility.

Takes no more than a few minutes.

Best wishes to Mrs C and her pot removal.
Workingman

Postby cruiser2 » 09 Sep 2020, 13:44

I ow find that I cannot print. There is a red light on the left of the control panel.
Have sent an email to the CEO this morning and an email to tech support. THey have said they will send an engineer to correct the faults. Amwaiting for details of the time and date of the visit.
Will let you know what happens.
cruiser2

Postby Workingman » 09 Sep 2020, 15:25

Thanks Cruiser.

When machine faults happen there is not much else to do but call in a service technician, especially when under guarantee.
Workingman

Postby cruiser2 » 23 Sep 2020, 13:53

After several phone calls this week I have finally managed to get my printer working.
I phoned this morning soon after 8.00 a.m and said I wanted a senior technician to phone. One did while I was out shopping. He phoned again soon after 11.00 a.m.
Again difficult to understand and seemed to have to refer to someone else for information. Probably frmm a call centre abroad. He did not know what GMS is.
Kept asking did I know the weight of a DL envelope. Not something I have at my fingertips.
The instruction manual on line is 270 pages long!!
So hopefully it is all systems go.
The printer is OK it is customer services which is not very good.
cruiser2

Postby Suff » 25 Sep 2020, 11:24

Sadly, in support centres nowadays, a senior technician is someone who reads from a longer plasticised list.

So printer is working, did you sort the scanning?
There are 10 types of people in the world:
Those who understand Binary and those who do not.
Suff

Postby cruiser2 » 25 Sep 2020, 16:31

Suff & WM,
I am now printing both A4 and enevelopes with the manual feed tray, scanning and copying. Have scanned about 50 A4 documents and
shreeded the originals
Like you have said Suff, they are working from a scipt. I was asked what was the weight of an envelope. Was told it would show as GMS
on the wrapper. They did not know what GMS meant.I was put on hold while they found out. I knew but I would not tell them.

So one friend has now got a new printer which he has got working correctly.
Another friend picked up the second replacement yesterday. Not heard if they have got it working.
So Xerox cant have made much money as the last two printers have been shipped from Holland.
cruiser2

Return to Computers etc