After a very long wait

For all those techno questions

After a very long wait

Postby Suff » 29 Mar 2021, 16:19

I will finally get fibre and gigabit internet into my home here in France.

I started out in 2003 with pretty quick internet, I had 20mbits which was fairly fast for the time. Then everything ground to a halt. Back in late January I saw them pulling the fibre through the streets and at the middle of Feb they put a box on the wall of the house next door. But it took another month before I finally got the ability to order it.

I've taken a deal with a French mobile sim with 70Gb of data as well as 2Gb fibre. it's a bit of a swindle on the 2Gb because you get 1Gb on ethernet and 1 on wifi but I won't be using the wifi. I now have an eero mesh in the house which has, finally, with 4 devices deployed, got rid of all the blackspots and allows Mrs S to roam the house with her Samsung mobile and her iPad without whinging about the network dropping.

The engineer is due to arrive on Friday next week to install the fibre, I already have the livebox and sim and signed the contract today and sent it back online.

Hopefully, after that, I will finally lose all my bumps and hiccups with the network. I shall then investigate some UPS options to ensure the phone and internet continues to run when the power goes out.
There are 10 types of people in the world:
Those who understand Binary and those who do not.
Suff

Return to Computers etc