F.a.I WM/ Suff

For all those techno questions

F.a.I WM/ Suff

Postby victor » 03 Jul 2021, 10:15

Hi ,I have an Amazon Fire Tablet on which I have BBC and Channel 5.
However I can't get ITV / Channel 4

I am bemused why this is ,

Any thoughts would be appreciate

Thanks
victor

Re: F.a.I WM/ Suff

Postby Kaz » 03 Jul 2021, 10:39

That's odd as I have a Fire and have ITV hub and All 4 on mine :?
Kaz

Postby victor » 03 Jul 2021, 11:16

I rang a computer place here to see what they said and his reply was--- well you would get those because they are news channels ??????

It's very odd

He also said that it might be a case of having to buy packages from Amazon

Totally confused me
victor

Postby victor » 03 Jul 2021, 11:30

Kaz,do you get Itv live or playback
victor

Postby Workingman » 03 Jul 2021, 12:27

I am not sure how you are watching TV on you Fire tablet, Vic, as I do not have a Kindle. However, I do have a tablet and for that I need to register individually with BBC iPlayer, ITV Hub, All 4 and My5 TV and then I get about 20 of the most popular channels, live, as well as some catch-up services - all free. All you need to do is go online and visit each service - just Google.

An alternative for many more channels is the TV Player app for Kindle but it is a subscription service at £6,99 per month.

There is also an aggregator at https://www.filmon.com/tvguide/ to view UK TV in your browser when online. UK only but works from anywhere so long as you have an Internet connection. It's not quite as stable as the ones mentioned above but it does the job.

And just to be clear. None of these need a TV dongle, viewer software and an aerial connection, they are all online.

Good luck.
Workingman

Postby Kaz » 03 Jul 2021, 13:15

victor wrote:Kaz,do you get Itv live or playback

Both, Vic. You just download the app. Go to the play store icon on the Fire, search ITV hub and install.
Kaz

Postby Workingman » 03 Jul 2021, 13:42

Kaz, Vic, if you have an Internet browser on your Kindle - Silk, Chrome, Opera etc. - you do not need to go the app route as you can use tabs in the browser all in one place - just one app as opposed to four = memory saving. Put them on the Bookmark / Favorite bar and you are good to go.
Workingman

Postby victor » 03 Jul 2021, 22:19

Thanks guys
victor

Postby Suff » 05 Jul 2021, 09:23

Workingman wrote:Kaz, Vic, if you have an Internet browser on your Kindle - Silk, Chrome, Opera etc. - you do not need to go the app route as you can use tabs in the browser all in one place - just one app as opposed to four = memory saving. Put them on the Bookmark / Favorite bar and you are good to go.

True, but whilst OK on a PC, I find it a ballache on anything else.

Apologies for being slow to the party, I was DIYing over the weekend and Mrs S is a pain about the non social aspect of looking at you phone when she wants to talk. Which is every minute we're not working.
There are 10 types of people in the world:
Those who understand Binary and those who do not.
Suff

Postby Workingman » 05 Jul 2021, 10:01

Crap on a phone, yes, but then watching anything is, even on a phablet. But not so bad on a tablet 9" / 10" or so. They can all go full screen for a bit of entertainment whilst travelling but none will ever replace a proper TV. All that is needed is a Wi-Fi connection so pretty good for OTG viewing on trains and coaches.

I have a PCTV dongle to watch DVB-T Freeview on the laptop but it has to be hooked up to the roof aerial to watch TV properly. It gets me 126 TV stations and 49 radio making it as good as a dedicated portable TV in a fixed place. It is usually on in a small window as I surf about but it can go full screen for more interesting items / programmes rather than putting the TV on. I also use it with a flat panel aerial and Lenovo tablet when camping, all charged up using a small solar panel. The Lenovo also doubles up as a kitchen TV if I am doing a cookathon and there is a GP or rugby on.

Ways to skin a cat.... :D
Workingman

Next

Return to Computers etc