E mail

For all those techno questions

E mail

Postby victor » 14 Jul 2021, 12:35

Why when I try to fill a form in online does it say my email is not recognised

For instance

I bought a railcard and they emailed me to say it's on the way ,has not arrived,so have tried to email them but the above not recognised comes up

Well it must be ok as they emailed me !!!!
victor

Re: E mail

Postby Workingman » 14 Jul 2021, 13:51

Vic, it could be finger trouble... try this.

If using an email client on your computer then open the email they sent to you saying the card is on its way. Copy the address you see in the "To" field of the email - that is, your address. You can now paste this in the online form field and it should work. Or you can go the long route....

Create a new message and paste the address you just copied into the new message "To" field. Compose whatever you need and make sure to fill in the "Subject" field and hit Send.

If you are doing it in Outlook / Hotmail or Gmail when you open the railcard message it might just say "To: You". rather than give you an address. This is because some users have more than one email address registered with them. Click on the 'You' and a pop-up should give the actual address it was sent to. Copy that and paste in the online form.

I always use C&P for email addresses I know work rather than entering them manually as it is so easy to make typos.
Workingman

Re: E mail

Postby victor » 14 Jul 2021, 14:55

Cheers WM
victor

Return to Computers etc