Email attachments.

For all those techno questions

Email attachments.

Postby Aggers » 09 Jul 2013, 22:52

Can someone please tell me how to send a "scanned attachment to an email" ?
I haven't a clue.
I am using Windows 7 and Windows live mail, and have a hp printer/scanner.
Aggers

Re: Email attachments.

Postby Suff » 09 Jul 2013, 23:09

When you scan the document from the PC, HP saves it as a file. Usually something like

Libraries->Documents->My Scans.

in Live mail you create a new mail, click on the attach button, Usually a paperclip and then you navigate to the folder in this instance Libraries->Documents->My Scans and select the new file created by the scanner.

Address, add text and send.
There are 10 types of people in the world:
Those who understand Binary and those who do not.
Suff

Postby Aggers » 10 Jul 2013, 08:13

Suff wrote:When you scan the document from the PC,

That's the bit I don't know how to do.
Aggers

Postby Workingman » 10 Jul 2013, 11:44

Aggers, when you do a scan, be it a photo a piece of text or something with a mix of both, it will be saved to your computer (somewhere) as probably a .jpg or .bmp or maybe a .pdf - it will depend on the capability of the scanner and the software that comes with it. Not that it really matters, what is important is that you know where to find the scan.

Once you know where the scan is you can check it to see that it is what you want with a right click and from the menu choosing Open.

To attach it to an email you compose a new mail addressed to whomever and add it using the paperclip icon on the toolbar.
Workingman

Postby Suff » 10 Jul 2013, 12:12

Aggers wrote:
Suff wrote:When you scan the document from the PC,

That's the bit I don't know how to do.

Hi Aggers, I have 4 different HP printers, 3 of which have scanners.

Two of the three have different ways of scanning.

One uses the HP director software from which you can scan. The other two use a dedicated scan application from HP. You should be able to find it in Start->All Programs->HP or Hewlet Packard

In there you should find the app for scanning and then, when asked, choose a place where you can find it again. Desktop is good if you are not sure.

Then you will have the scanned file on your PC. From there it's create, attach and send.
Suff

Postby Aggers » 10 Jul 2013, 19:32

Thanks, Suff and WM.

Following your comments, I've had a good look around but still haven't made any progress.

I did manage to find a file folder for 'Scanned Documents', but when I opened it, it was empty. :shock:

I have now abandoned the idea for the job I had in hand, and have reverted to a photo-copy sent by good old snail-mail.

I don't expect my requirement for this feature will arise very often, if ever again.

Thanks again.
Aggers

Postby Suff » 11 Jul 2013, 03:59

You always have the option to take a digital photograph.

You won't find any files until you scan. To scan you need to run the scanner app.
Suff

Return to Computers etc