Another little niggle

For all those techno questions

Another little niggle

Postby Aggers » 05 Aug 2013, 11:02

I have (had) two Email addresses, BT and Yahoo.

Previously, before changing to Comodo Dragon browser, when I clicked on my Yahoo Emails logo,
I was given the choice of 'BT' or 'Yahoo', but now, Dragon buts me straight through to BT Emails, and try
as I might, I can't access my Yahoo Emails.

Any suggestions?
Aggers

Re: Another little niggle

Postby Rodo » 05 Aug 2013, 11:07

Comodo obviously don't like Yahoo. This does happen. You are probably stuck with it.
Rodo

Postby Suff » 05 Aug 2013, 14:41

It's how comodo reads the script which you use to access your mail. It is skipping something which is likely to be IE specific. Part of the "I won't play IE and the world will just have to put up with it" that I don't like with Chrome and it's variants....
There are 10 types of people in the world:
Those who understand Binary and those who do not.
Suff

Postby Workingman » 05 Aug 2013, 16:31

John,

Comodo uses its own SecureDNS servers to resolve addresses unless you tell it not to. These are sometimes too secure for their own good.

Click on the Comodo icon in the top left corner. Scroll down to Settings. In settings go to the bottom of the page and click Show Advanced Settings. In the Privacy section make sure to untick 'Enable malware domain filtering (Comodo Secure DNS)'. Close the settings page and restart Comodo.
Workingman

Postby Aggers » 05 Aug 2013, 17:15

Frank. I have done what you have suggested but it hasn't had the desired effect.

Could it be that it might be something to do with the way it remembers logging-in details? The first time I logged into my Email
website I would have clicked the [BT] option, and now it 'thinks' that is what I always want. Is there any way I can rectify
this without losing logging-in details for all my other sites?
Aggers

Postby Workingman » 05 Aug 2013, 17:46

Ah, with you.

Yes, you might have to go to Yahoo mail direct: https://login.yahoo.com/config/login_ve ... m&.intl=uk and save it as a bookmark/favourite as you did with BT
Workingman

Postby Aggers » 05 Aug 2013, 20:17

Thank, Frank.

I've done as you suggested and put both email pages on to Favorites.

But now I've lost my favorites bar, and can't seem to be able to retrieve it. Any advice?
Aggers

Postby Workingman » 05 Aug 2013, 20:48

Click on the Comodo icon - top left. Scroll down to Bookmarks. In the new menu tick "Show bookmarks bar".

For a button to show favourites/bookmarks you could get this. I know it says add to Chrome but it works on Dragon.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... ckdpempkdi
Workingman

Postby Aggers » 05 Aug 2013, 23:06

Frank - I'm sorry to be a pest, but now I have both of the Email sites on my Favorites Bar,
the same one comes up whichever one I select, namely the last one I put on.

I keep getting a message saying that I need to download an Adobe Flash Player plug-in.
Do you think this could be genuine?
Aggers

Postby Workingman » 06 Aug 2013, 11:00

John, the Adobe Flash plugin update is required, it is Dragon being polite and asking you.... once it is done the fist time it can be set to automatic update as it is in IE.

One word of WARNING....when it is installing it might ask if you want Chrome or a Chrome toolbar.... decline the offer.

I'll get back about the mail.

ETA. John, the email thing.

This was coming any way, as this article shows - it is not a Dragon thing. http://home.bt.com/news/btlife/the-bt-y ... 3812900474

First delete the BT and Yahoo bookmarks from the Bookmar Bar - R. click and delete.

If you go to www.BT.com and click the email icon, top right, it wil take you to BT login page. Using the 'star' icon in the address bar bookmark the page on the Bookmark Bar. Fill in the details and tick the Keep me signed in check box. Let Dragon save the details. That is BT done.

Go to https://login.yahoo.com/config/login_ve ... m&.intl=uk Using the 'star' icon in the address bar bookmark the page on the Bookmark Bar. Fill in the details and tick the Keep me signed in check box. Let Dragon save the details. Yahoo done.
Workingman

Next

Return to Computers etc