What Are We Reading In December?

Discuss your favourite books and let us read your own stories and poems.

Re: What Are We Reading In December?

Postby miasmum » 04 Dec 2012, 20:27

I am reading a book someone at work gave me. It is called Outspoken by Sam Hayes and is very good
miasmum

Postby sarahvc » 09 Dec 2012, 16:42

I've just finished The Return by Victoria Hislop. It was okay but have preferred her other books. I took it on holiday, but didn't for once read much. We were on a cruise and seemed to be doing loads of other things.
sarahvc

Postby JoM » 28 Dec 2012, 23:24

JoM wrote:I'm STILL reading A Family Affair by Mary Campesi...I will finish it soon, I'm enjoying it but haven't had much time for reading lately.

Finally finished it!! :lol: I did like it, I just didn't have much time to read it.
Since then I've read Winter Warmers by Carole Matthews which was a freebie of three short stories. I do like Carole (and her books), she's very, very often on Facebook and is a lovely lady.
Now I've started The Generation Game by Sophie Duffy, really enjoying it.

And The Charlatans and Johnny Marr one week later
JoM

Postby debih » 29 Dec 2012, 14:04

I've hardly read a thing this month.

I did start J K Rowlings new book - A Casual Vacancy - which started off really well. But I struggled to get going on it (me rather than the book) and as it was a library book and I knew there was no way I was going to finish it before it had to go back - and it did have to go back as there was a massive queue of people waiting for it - I stopped reading.

I will be ordering it again though and try reading it when I am in a better frame of mind.

I find it very difficult to read when I am stressed as I lack concentration. So I have been sticking mainly to magazines.

I have just started Secrets of The Tides by Hannah Richell and that seems pretty good.
Life begins at the end of your comfort zone!
debih

Postby Diflower » 29 Dec 2012, 16:14

I'm still reading The Killing, haven't had much free time and when I have, it's been because the boys are watching a boy film or playing boy games on the wii and not easy to concentrate :)
Diflower

Previous

Return to The Library