What are we reading in October?

Discuss your favourite books and let us read your own stories and poems.

What are we reading in October?

Postby Ally » 01 Oct 2016, 07:13

Jacob left me his copy of JJ Connolly's Layer Cake so I'll start that tomorrow. :D
Ally
Site Admin

Re: What are we reading in October?

Postby Kaz » 01 Oct 2016, 09:18

I've got loooooads of holiday reading on the kindle, waiting for me :D
Kaz

Postby JoM » 01 Oct 2016, 11:29

The Marriage Mender by Linda Green. I think Saundra and Gal both mentioned reading it recently.

And The Charlatans and Johnny Marr one week later
JoM

Postby Diflower » 01 Oct 2016, 12:36

What would Mary Berry do, by Claire Sandy, it's good fun :)
Bought as a kindle daily deal a while ago, sadly it's £4.74 at the mo but worth looking out for.
Diflower

Postby AliasAggers » 10 Oct 2016, 21:02

I've just paid a twelve month subscription for the weekly New Scientist magazine, which I find makes fascinating reading.

Some of the articles have to be read slowly, but one can learn such a lot about what is going on in the world of science.
There was even an article this week about fabric care and keeping clothes looking newer for longer thanks to a new generation
of detergents, which my good wife was happy to hear about.
There are no strangers here; Only friends you haven't yet met.
AliasAggers

Postby Kaz » 13 Oct 2016, 21:31

Glad you are enjoying your subscription Aggers :) Mick likes to read that kind of thing :ugeek:

Well, I should have been reading all of the books I had saved on my kindle, for the holiday, but Mick forgot to put it in the case - he'd charged it for me, and said he thought he'd packed it :roll: So instead he bought me a couple of paperbacks at the airport: Holding, by Graham Norton, his debut novel, which was actually really good, and the newest Philippa Gregory, Three Sisters, Three Queens, which to be honest was a bit samey - perhaps I'm just a bit Tudored out with her books? :? :lol: So I abandoned that about halfway through, and Mick put a book that I fancied on his kindle for me to read, and it was excellent: The Secret Wife by Gill Paul, which was so good that I read it all in one go, during the plane journey home yesterday, and was too gripped to feel nervous - I completely lost myself in it! Highly recommended!
Kaz

Postby Gal » 14 Oct 2016, 12:43

Why didn't YOU pack your Kindle Kaz??? I'd never leave something that important for T to do :lol: :lol: :lol:

I've just started another Diane Chamberlain....The Secret Sister, looking good so far.

Does anyone else hate starting a new book right after they've finished one? I find I get so immersed in the plot and characters (especially if I've really enjoyed it) that I don't want to get into a new one for a while :oops:

Just me?
Gal

Postby JoM » 14 Oct 2016, 12:55

My Kindle always goes in my handbag when I'm going anywhere so is piled up with my purse, phone, keys etc ready to be put in.

I'd started to read The Halflife of Hannah (or something like that) last week but I was finding the characters irritating so gave up so now I'm reading A Proper Family Holiday by Chrissie Manby.

JoM

Postby Ally » 14 Oct 2016, 14:10

Oh dear Kaz. :o :lol:

I pack my things - Don packs his. If owt is forgotten we can't blame each other. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ally
Site Admin

Postby JoM » 14 Oct 2016, 14:36

Same here Ally.

If John forgets anything it's his own stupid fault. If I forget anything then it's an excuse to go shopping :P

JoM

Next

Return to The Library