What are we reading in November?

Discuss your favourite books and let us read your own stories and poems.

What are we reading in November?

Postby Ally » 01 Nov 2017, 00:08

I've just started The Wrong Kind Of Blood by Declan Hughes.
Ally
Site Admin

Re: What are we reading in November?

Postby JoM » 01 Nov 2017, 12:12

I'm engrossed in A Baby's Cry by Cathy Glass. I've just looked on Amazon as I wasn't sure if it was a true story or not and it says that it is. Basically, 'Cathy' - a pseudonym - is a foster carer and she's taken in a one day old baby who has been put up for adoption. It's gradually coming to light that the mother desperately wanted to keep the baby but her life would be in danger if she did and it's being hinted at that the father is a public figure. Cathy has been told to call the police if she notices anything strange. It's all very intriguing.

I also noticed on Amazon that I downloaded this book five years ago :lol:

And The Charlatans and Johnny Marr one week later
JoM

Postby Kaz » 01 Nov 2017, 17:43

I've just started "The Art of Hiding" by Amanda Prowse. It's about a well-heeled but shy woman, from a poor background that she is ashamed of, whose husband dies suddenly in an accident, and certain truths start to come to light! There is no money left, for a start........
Kaz

Postby Gal » 01 Nov 2017, 20:05

Both those sound good!!

I'm still reading The Bay at Midnight by Diane Chamberlain. I usually love her stories but this one is slow burning, so far through and it's only just stating to pep up a bit. Three sisters, oldest one murdered in the early 60s, middle one, now in her 50s, finding contact with someone from her past, her teenage daughter getting pregnant, and then going even further back to their mother's youth....
Gal

Postby JoM » 06 Nov 2017, 11:02

I've read a couple of Amanda Prowse books Kaz, really enjoyed them and they're usually quite cheap on Kindle.

I finished the Cathy Glass book last night. It was a very interesting read and I was pleased to see a direct to her website which gave updates on the children featured in the book.

JoM

Postby Gal » 06 Nov 2017, 19:16

Gal wrote:Both those sound good!!

I'm still reading The Bay at Midnight by Diane Chamberlain. I usually love her stories but this one is slow burning, so far through and it's only just stating to pep up a bit. Three sisters, oldest one murdered in the early 60s, middle one, now in her 50s, finding contact with someone from her past, her teenage daughter getting pregnant, and then going even further back to their mother's youth....

Got loads better as it got towards the end - really good!! I didn't guess 'whodunit' but I did guess another major 'thing' in the story :D

Now what to start on next.....
Gal

Postby Kaz » 06 Nov 2017, 22:59

Jo it was fab! A really satisfying read 8-)

Glad yours improved Gal :D
Kaz

Postby Kaz » 11 Nov 2017, 10:17

Just finishing "The Last Hours" the latest Minette Walters. It's set during the Black Death, but isn't as heavy as it sounds :lol: In fact it's been an excellent read 8-) 8-)
Kaz

Postby JoM » 11 Nov 2017, 14:36

I'll have to look that up Kaz :D

I've spent a few days flicking back and forwards through my Kindle and couldn't decide what to read next but I eventually started Kitchens Of The Great Midwest by J. Ryan Stradal last night.

JoM

Postby saundra » 17 Nov 2017, 20:05

I had to stop reading Cathy glass jo they upset me and Amanda prowise
I'm reading an unsuitable marriage at the moment by Colette Dartford
saundra

Return to The Library