What Are We Reading In June?

Discuss your favourite books and let us read your own stories and poems.

What Are We Reading In June?

Postby JoM » 04 Jun 2019, 16:48

A Year And A Day by Isabelle Broom. It's set in Prague and I'm really enjoying the fact that I recognise the places and streets mentioned.

And The Charlatans and Johnny Marr one week later
JoM

Re: What Are We Reading In June?

Postby TheOstrich » 10 Jun 2019, 21:04

I've just finished "The Secret Barrister - The Law and How It's Broken" by the (necessarily anonymous) Secret Barrister.

https://thesecretbarrister.com/about/

It's not an easy read by any stretch of the imagination, not as anecdotal as Adam Kay's NHS book for example, but nevertheless it's one heck of an expose of the current judicial system and how it simply isn't functioning due to Government ideology and Government cuts. Not a book you'd take down to the beach, but a book to read if ever you're called up for Jury Service …..
TheOstrich

Postby Gal2 » 11 Jun 2019, 13:25

On a lighter note LOL I started to read My Lovely Wife by Samantha Downing - not too far into it yet but I think I will enjoy it
Gal2
Site Admin

Postby Kaz » 14 Jun 2019, 16:49

I've just finished The Mother in Law by Sally Hepworth. It was excellent 8-) Set in contemporary Australia it starts with the murder or suicide of Lucy's wealthy mother-in-law, Diana, and the story of the years leading up to it is told through the eyes of both women. Highly recommended 8-) :D
Kaz

Return to The Library