What are we reading in September?

Discuss your favourite books and let us read your own stories and poems.

What are we reading in September?

Postby Ally » 01 Sep 2019, 00:11

Before operation Casa Scully :lol: I had just started on Penny Vincenzi's A Question of Trust. (Her last novel?)

During operation Casa Scully's kitchen renovation I came across Nigel Slater's Real Cooking stashed behind other cook books. :oops: :o

Hmmmmm.......reading both. :cute: :cute:
Ally
Site Admin

Re: What are we reading in September?

Postby TheOstrich » 01 Sep 2019, 00:28

Just finished Jane Harper's third novel "The Lost Man", set in the Australian outback and a tale of relationships, love and revenge. A complete page turner and If you haven't read this talented authoress, do check her out. :D A Richard and Judy Book Club favourite.

Now started Felix Francis's "Crisis". Dick Francis's son, of course, so a horse-racing yarn, and whilst not quite as good as his father's thrillers, this is one of his better ones.
TheOstrich

Postby JoM » 30 Sep 2019, 11:17

I've got about 15 minutes left to read of Ruth Hogan's Queenie Malone's Paradise Hotel.

This is her third book and I've loved the previous two, I've liked this but there's not a lot happened so it's got 15 minutes to redeem itself.

And The Charlatans and Johnny Marr one week later
JoM

Postby Gal2 » 30 Sep 2019, 16:48

Just started this this morning whilst relaxing around the pool - rather appropriately, it's called "They Call Me the Cat Lady" by Amy Miller. Only a few pages in so not sure how it'll go, but the blurb sounded my type of story - I'll let you know ;)
Gal2
Site Admin

Return to The Library