Well I never!!

Discuss your favourite books and let us read your own stories and poems.

Well I never!!

Postby Ally » 23 Apr 2020, 07:15

Anyone who knows me knows my adoration of books and my resistance over the years to a Kindle. :lol:

Last summer when I was in the UK for those 5 weeks Don had a tablet sent to me when I was staying at Jackie's as I hadn't taken my laptop over and he thought it would be more comfortable using a tablet instead of my phone.

And I just love it.

Anyway.....there's a kindle app on it which I'd chosen to ignore.....until tea time last night. :lol:

I thought to myself I'll have a look.....within 20 minutes I'd acquired 3 JP Delaney books. :lol:

Having read his first one, The Girl Before, (fab) I'm looking forward to these. :lol:

When I whatsapp Criag and tell him he is going to laugh out loud as he's wanted to buy me a Kindle for years. :lol: :lol:
Ally
Site Admin

Re: Well I never!!

Postby JoM » 23 Apr 2020, 13:21

I remembered you saying at the meet up about Don getting you a tablet!

I took my Kindle out with me yesterday when we popped over to John’s office because I knew he’d be working for a bit and there’d be no one else there for me to chat to and it just slipped nicely into my jacket pocket, they’re great when you’re traveling too.

And The Charlatans and Johnny Marr one week later
JoM

Re: Well I never!!

Postby Kaz » 23 Apr 2020, 15:23

When they first came out the idea appalled me, but then Chris bought me one for Christmas. I thanked him of course, but was very dubious - then was hooked by the convenience and accessibility :) 8-)
Kaz

Return to The Library