What are we reading in April?

Discuss your favourite books and let us read your own stories and poems.

Re: What are we reading in April?

Postby Kaz » 11 Apr 2021, 20:21

I just downloaded a free sample of a very entertaining book called The Gran Tour (Travels With my Elders) by Ben Aiken. A travelogue with a difference, as Ben is a man in his 30's who decided that those all-inclusive coach tours for pensioners to the British seaside sounded like good value, and booked himself on :lol: So far he's in Scarborough :lol: I'm definitely going to buy the book 8-) :D
Kaz

Postby JoM » 12 Apr 2021, 12:35

Kaz wrote:I just downloaded a free sample of a very entertaining book called The Gran Tour (Travels With my Elders) by Ben Aiken. A travelogue with a difference, as Ben is a man in his 30's who decided that those all-inclusive coach tours for pensioners to the British seaside sounded like good value, and booked himself on :lol: So far he's in Scarborough :lol: I'm definitely going to buy the book 8-) :D

I keep getting an ad for that on Facebook, definitely sounds like one for me :lol:

And The Charlatans and Johnny Marr one week later
JoM

Postby Kaz » 12 Apr 2021, 22:02

I'm really enjoying it :D
Kaz

Postby JoM » 15 Apr 2021, 09:46

I shall have to get that then :D

I’m reading Stranger In The Woods by Anni Taylor. I think it was a free one at some point, it’s pretty good.

And The Charlatans and Johnny Marr one week later
JoM

Postby Gal2 » 18 Apr 2021, 17:49

Gal2 wrote:
Gal2 wrote:I reserved two Lisa Jewell's in my elibrary, and be blowed they're both available as we speak! One is 'Watching You' , and the other is 'Then She Was Gone', that hasn't dropped yet, but it will on the 11th - in the meantime I have started a Kindle book called One White Lie by Leah Konen....I don't generally read fast (I'm an 'every word must be read and understood kinda gal) so I'm wondering if to stop the Kindle book which will be there for as long as I need, and start the first LJ, or just reorder it if I don't get to it in time :?

Decisions decisions!!!

So I decided to finish One White Lie and I'm so glad I did....after a slow start the last half has been unputdownable!! 8-) I've been holed up on my book all afternoon....it's a while since that's happened :D

On to one of the LJs now >>>>>

I read the first Lisa Jewell, just finished it this afternoon, very enjoyable!! "Watching You", I sort of guessed whodunnit, but the story was good and I was chuffed with myself for working it out 8-) ow on to Number 2 - "Then She Was Gone" >>>>>>
Gal2
Site Admin

Postby Ally » 22 Apr 2021, 11:39

After watching all of Breaking Bad I'm now reading A Life in Parts by Bryan Cranston.

I'd bought the hardback of it last year in a charity shop at dad's for 50p. :lol:

I'm racing through it and really enjoying it.
Ally
Site Admin

Previous

Return to The Library