What are we reading in April?

Discuss your favourite books and let us read your own stories and poems.

What are we reading in April?

Postby Ally » 31 Mar 2021, 22:28

Oh my giddy aunt. :cute:

Having nigh on 40 books on my Kindle, being in Nerja today I really tried to resist going into either of the two charity shops there.

Fail. Massive. :lol:

Last month I discovered Alison James on Kindle and bought one of her stand alone novels for 99 cents.

This led to kindlegate :lol: and recommendations of her other novels but they were sitting at 7euros.......getting a kick out of not paying more than a euro for a book, even for collections of the same author I wasn't prepared to fork out. :lol:

Anyway.....said charity shop today had the 3 Alison James novels (detective Rachel Prince) collection for 1.50.

Lola is Missing. Now She's Gone & Perfect Girls. Over the moon. :cute:

Then I spotted Nigel Slater's autobiography Toast.

Don bought two footy books....in total 6 books for 3 euros.

So today I'm going to start Nigel's. :D
Ally
Site Admin

Re: What are we reading in April?

Postby JoM » 01 Apr 2021, 11:21

I read Toast years ago, I remember really enjoying it.

I’m reading Perfect by Rachel Joyce.

And The Charlatans and Johnny Marr one week later
JoM

Postby miasmum » 03 Apr 2021, 13:48

I’m reading Just My Luck by Adele Parks
miasmum

Postby Gal2 » 04 Apr 2021, 17:50

I reserved two Lisa Jewell's in my elibrary, and be blowed they're both available as we speak! One is 'Watching You' , and the other is 'Then She Was Gone', that hasn't dropped yet, but it will on the 11th - in the meantime I have started a Kindle book called One White Lie by Leah Konen....I don't generally read fast (I'm an 'every word must be read and understood kinda gal) so I'm wondering if to stop the Kindle book which will be there for as long as I need, and start the first LJ, or just reorder it if I don't get to it in time :?

Decisions decisions!!!
Gal2
Site Admin

Postby Ally » 05 Apr 2021, 07:03

I've read those two LJ books Gal. :D

I'm reading all my 'physical' books atm so's I've still got loads on my kindle for travelling to dad's. Less luggage. :lol:
Ally
Site Admin

Postby miasmum » 05 Apr 2021, 09:52

I started a quest to read all Lisa Jewell’s books. Got quite a way through then got distracted
miasmum

Postby Osc » 06 Apr 2021, 18:59

Currently reading The Beekeeper of Aleppo, and I have Firefly Lane by Kristin Hannah next on the pile.
Osc

Postby JoM » 06 Apr 2021, 20:24

Osc wrote:Currently reading The Beekeeper of Aleppo, and I have Firefly Lane by Kristin Hannah next on the pile.

I’ve got The Beekeeper of Aleppo on my Kindle, almost started it last night but decided on something else instead (I’ll check back with that as I can’t remember the title or author and my Kindle’s upstairs).

And The Charlatans and Johnny Marr one week later
JoM

Postby Ally » 07 Apr 2021, 10:10

Absolutely loved Nigel Slater's Toast. Made me laugh out loud.

I'm now reading Lola is Missing. The first in a trilogy of Detective Rachel Prince.

Enjoying it very much.
Ally
Site Admin

Postby Gal2 » 11 Apr 2021, 20:14

Gal2 wrote:I reserved two Lisa Jewell's in my elibrary, and be blowed they're both available as we speak! One is 'Watching You' , and the other is 'Then She Was Gone', that hasn't dropped yet, but it will on the 11th - in the meantime I have started a Kindle book called One White Lie by Leah Konen....I don't generally read fast (I'm an 'every word must be read and understood kinda gal) so I'm wondering if to stop the Kindle book which will be there for as long as I need, and start the first LJ, or just reorder it if I don't get to it in time :?

Decisions decisions!!!

So I decided to finish One White Lie and I'm so glad I did....after a slow start the last half has been unputdownable!! 8-) I've been holed up on my book all afternoon....it's a while since that's happened :D

On to one of the LJs now >>>>>
Gal2
Site Admin

Next

Return to The Library