What Are We Reading In August?

Discuss your favourite books and let us read your own stories and poems.

What Are We Reading In August?

Postby Ally » 01 Aug 2015, 07:09

July was fantastic for me as all I seemed to do was lie round the pool and systematically plough my way through a hooooj chunk of the 70 odd books I had. :lol: :lol:

If I do the same in August (that's the plan :lol: ) I'll finish them in time for the annual re-stocking frenzy when mum comes over in 6 weeks! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I digress....I'm reading The Charm Bracelet by Melissa Hill at the moment. :D :D
Ally
Site Admin

Re: What Are We Reading In August?

Postby Kaz » 01 Aug 2015, 09:51

:D :lol: Sounds good to me!! I'm saving all my unread Kindle books for Corfu 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)
Kaz

Postby debih » 01 Aug 2015, 11:27

I am just about to restart Deep Sea and Foreign Going by Rose George. She's a journalist who joined a freight ship and went from Southampton to Singapore.

There are over 100,000 freighters on the seas and between them they carry a most 90% of what we eat, wear and work with.

I started it a couple of weeks ago but abandoned it when All The Light We Cannot See arrived from the library (loved that book) and although I wasn't far into it I was really enjoying it so I'm looking forward to picking it up again. It's our book group book for October.

Sent from the dark side of the moon
Life begins at the end of your comfort zone!
debih

Postby Diflower » 04 Aug 2015, 08:51

I'm reading Perfect Daughter by Amanda Prowse, it's a kindle bargain, 59p ;)
here
Diflower

Postby Kaz » 04 Aug 2015, 10:29

Ooh I'll have a look at that Di! My sister recommended a brilliant book she's just finished when I spoke to her last night, but I've forgotten what it was called now! :roll: I'll ask her later :roll: :lol:
Kaz

Postby Ally » 04 Aug 2015, 11:59

Kaz wrote:Ooh I'll have a look at that Di! My sister recommended a brilliant book she's just finished when I spoke to her last night, but I've forgotten what it was called now! :roll: I'll ask her later :roll: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ally
Site Admin

Postby Kaz » 05 Aug 2015, 10:10

:P It was "Elizabeth is Missing" by Emma Healey ;) :lol: I've ordered it for £3 on my kindle - another lined up for Corfu, whoopee!!!!! :D :D :D 8-)

J said it was a fabulous read, and she is a voracious reader!
Kaz

Postby debih » 05 Aug 2015, 10:22

Kaz wrote::P It was "Elizabeth is Missing" by Emma Healey ;) :lol: I've ordered it for £3 on my kindle - another lined up for Corfu, whoopee!!!!! :D :D :D 8-)

J said it was a fabulous read, and she is a voracious reader!

I picked that up from the library last week and it is destined to go on holiday with me.
Life begins at the end of your comfort zone!
debih

Postby Ally » 05 Aug 2015, 13:16

My mum loved that book and boy does she read!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I can't wait to mooch round all the book stalls when she gets over here. :D :D :D :D :D
Ally
Site Admin

Postby meriad » 05 Aug 2015, 15:46

I bought Elizabeth is Missing the other day when I was at Sainsburys and am going to take it to Turkey with me.

I used to read loads and loads but have gotten out of the habit and am now really struggling to get back into it. I used to read mainly crime or scifi/fantasy (emphasis on the fantasy bit of that).

Not helped that I'm not overly keen on what I refer to as "I-books" ie written in the first person and more and more books seem to be like that. I really need spend some time in a charity shop and see what there is and see if anything jumpt out at me - I miss losing myself in a book
meriad

Next

Return to The Library