Kindles

Discuss your favourite books and let us read your own stories and poems.

Re: Kindles

Postby Kaz » 03 Jan 2016, 19:02

Oh right, well I only ever charge mine with the lappy :) A full charge easily lasts for a week, when we go away :)
Kaz

Postby Gal » 03 Jan 2016, 19:32

8-) Do you leave your kindle 'on' all the time or do you switch it off when you're not using it? Reason I ask is that I still have one and a half libraries to finish before I start my new kindle books so won't be using it for a week or two :)
Gal

Postby Kaz » 03 Jan 2016, 19:50

I switch it off.
Kaz

Postby saundra » 04 Jan 2016, 17:52

I was given a wall charger by a friend so i use that it sits on my bedside table
Charging while i sleep :Hi:
I brought a case on ebay loads of choice and cheap i switch it of when not in use but i do use it all day
Only use my main pc if i shop online
And i dont have a smart phone
Just use the kindle for everything :Hi:
saundra

Postby Gal » 04 Jan 2016, 20:29

I've ordered a case off ebay Saundra - cost me a fiver! It'll arrive on Thursday :D

Oh, I didn't know you could surf the net on them! :o I thought they were just for downloading books and reading 'em ;) :D
Gal

Postby Diflower » 04 Jan 2016, 20:32

Diflower wrote:This is where you need to think what's actually wanted, and to distinguish between plain kindle readers and tablets.

If it's for reading books, then I think the 'paperwhite' ones are reckoned to be best, but I'd go on amazon and check the reviews for those vs the plain kindle to see if the extra price is worth it.

The kindle fires and fire hdx etc are actual tablets, and very good they are too, if that's what's wanted.
But if it's for reading books, then the plain old kindle would still be my choice; they're slimmer and much lighter, to hold and if course to take anywhere with you.
Diflower

Postby Ally » 05 Jan 2016, 11:59

Gal wrote:8-) Do you leave your kindle 'on' all the time or do you switch it off when you're not using it? Reason I ask is that I still have one and a half libraries to finish before I start my new kindle books so won't be using it for a week or two :)

They're either very very small libraries or you are one speedy reader! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ally
Site Admin

Postby saundra » 05 Jan 2016, 17:40

Gal wrote:I've ordered a case off ebay Saundra - cost me a fiver! It'll arrive on Thursday :D

Oh, I didn't know you could surf the net on them! :o I thought they were just for downloading books and reading 'em ;) :D

Watch tv use mine the same as a computer gal
saundra

Postby Gal » 06 Jan 2016, 22:37

Ally wrote:
Gal wrote:8-) Do you leave your kindle 'on' all the time or do you switch it off when you're not using it? Reason I ask is that I still have one and a half libraries to finish before I start my new kindle books so won't be using it for a week or two :)

They're either very very small libraries or you are one speedy reader! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Har di har!! :P :lol: :lol:
Gal

Postby Kaz » 06 Jan 2016, 23:37

:D
Kaz

Previous

Return to The Library