Kindles

Discuss your favourite books and let us read your own stories and poems.

Re: Kindles

Postby Diflower » 02 Jan 2016, 17:00

miasmum wrote:My friend has the paper white and she really likes it Rodo. I think I would have been keener if my Kindle had been one of those.

The really annoying thing with the kindle fire is all the adverts for Amazon and games.

We have downloaded some maps onto it for our holiday.

I have no adverts, never have, try looking in Amazon, 'manage your devices', or google how to get rid of them
Diflower

Postby saundra » 02 Jan 2016, 18:54

I dont get adverts on my kindle fire i just love it
Wish now i had brought the one with a camera
Watch tv as well most of my books are free or 99p
Dont live near a library now its a 10-00 taxi
saundra

Postby Kaz » 02 Jan 2016, 23:20

I bought Mick a paperwhite as a present, he loves it as it is back-lit so he can read in the dark :) Mine is a bog-standard original model my son Chris bought for me and I love it :D
Kaz

Postby Rodo » 03 Jan 2016, 09:35

Thanks everybody for your input. You can't beat having first hand info. I think I know what I am going to do now.
Rodo

Postby Ally » 03 Jan 2016, 09:37

Rodo wrote:Thanks everybody for your input. You can't beat having first hand info. I think I know what I am going to do now.

Having never ever ever wanted a Kindle I'm now finding I really fancy one! :lol: :lol:

Glad you asked the question Rodo. :) :)
Ally
Site Admin

Postby Kaz » 03 Jan 2016, 10:42

Ally, I always said I hated the idea as I love the look and feel of 'real' books, and when Chris bought me one my heart sank, but I honestly love it!!!! I still have 'real' books. all my Agatha Raisins are paperbacks and the new Alison Weir about Elizabeth of York that Mick bought me is also a paperback, but the kindle is soooo useful, especially when travelling, and the deals for freebies and cheapies on Amazon are great!! :D
Kaz

Postby Ally » 03 Jan 2016, 12:45

That's the reason I fancy one now Kaz - getting English books over here is hit and miss plus I tend to only go looking for them when mum's over. :D

I like the idea of freebies and cheapies. :cute:

I had a mahoosive clear out of books just last week and at the moment have 116!!!! ready to be picked up on Wednesday by a lady from an animal charity shop in El Grande. :lol:

>>>>off to look at kindles. :P :P
Ally
Site Admin

Postby Gal » 03 Jan 2016, 13:36

My Santa did some research too - and I got a paperwhite 6" one :D :D :D

I've managed to download my first two books on it - both 99p - a Steven King and a crime type story - looking forward to starting them when I finish my 'proper' books :D :D

Do those of you with Kindles also have a special case and a charger or is Amazon trying to make me spend more dosh? :lol:
Gal

Postby Kaz » 03 Jan 2016, 16:11

Smashing Ally, you too Gal :D :D Ally you will honestly love it, once you have it. Glad you are finding the bargain books Gal, there are tons of them!!!

Gal I bought a case for mine (they do keep them protected) but I think the charger came with it? :D
Kaz

Postby Gal » 03 Jan 2016, 17:07

Yes I got a charger - kindle to computer, but not one for the wall, IYSWIM?
Gal

PreviousNext

Return to The Library