Catch up tv

TV, Films, Books - chat about them all here

Catch up tv

Postby Gal » 05 Dec 2017, 20:08

So now we no longer have Sky, we have a Youview box, on which I can record programmes, and pause and rewind live tv.

Up until a couple of weeks ago, if I wanted to watch something that was on say last night and hadn't recorded it, I could bring up the guide, locate the programme, and then it would come up on the tv and we could watch it, but this week we've noticed you have to be signed in to the particular channel, or more likely, app, before we can do so.

Is this the case for everyone? Once I have signed in, it remembers me for future reference, but I've not ahd to do this before and it's a bit of a nuisance having to have an 'account' with the channels/apps.
Gal

Re: Catch up tv

Postby Kaz » 05 Dec 2017, 23:29

I had to do this, to be able to watch iPlayer on the BT box recently! Once I did, it was fine though.
Kaz

Postby Workingman » 06 Dec 2017, 20:03

The box I have is from TalkTalk. It takes signals for Freeview through the aerial and Catch Up through my broadband router.

When the initial contract ran out I cancelled and got to keep the box, but if I want Catch Up on iPlayer, C4, 5OD etc. I have to login with an e-mail and password. Once it is done it logs me in automatically. However, if you ever reset your box you need to go through the whole thing again for each channel or provider.

If you do not use a service for some time they might ask you to confirm your password so keep them safe.
Workingman

Postby AliasAggers » 13 Dec 2017, 00:41

We have a BT box, on which we can do almost anything.
It's a bit complicated, and has taken me some time to get used to some of it.
but Mrs A has it all worked out now.
There are no strangers here; Only friends you haven't yet met.
AliasAggers

Return to Entertainment