Masterchef

TV, Films, Books - chat about them all here

Re: Masterchef

Postby louise » 14 Dec 2012, 14:02

Maybe if there had been three judges, taking on board Monica for the job we would have got a single result. perhaps the judging system should be changed. As things stood though I dont think I could have divided them apart so well done both.
louise

Postby Fugitive » 14 Dec 2012, 17:31

Just watched MC final on iPlayer, even though I knew the result, just for the lovely food and the lovely finalists. I also warmed to Greg when he's with Michel as he seems more refined and not so shouty and blokey as when he's with John.

I enjoyed the full profiles of the three finalists at the start and felt nostalgic watching Anton in his pub with his wife as front of house as that's what I did and working together as a couple is the best thing. My youngest grandson wants to be a chef now (goody) and it was interesting to see Oli's attitude to school and his mum saying she had to drag him there because that's what we have to do with my grandson!

If I had been forced to choose between Anton and Keri I would have chosen Anton. Oli saying he loved working in Marcus Waring's kitchen makes sense with his particular style and flair and Anton and Keri won't go wrong following in Tom Kerridge's example, especially with Anton already having a pub.

It will be interesting now watching Trip Advisor and Anton's pub food reviews because Mat Follas, a previous MC winner, has his Wild Garlic restaurant locally and he gets some harsh reviews in Trip Advisor from diners saying they expect more from him. More critical than need be as his food is lovely although he did do a bit too much foraging when he first opened up.

A good future ahead for all of them :D
Fugitive

Postby debih » 14 Dec 2012, 18:05

I loved it and was really pleased with the result. If I had had to chose one then I would have gone for Anton but they were so difficult to choose between weren't they.

I don't think Oli has any worries job wise - it wouldn't surprise me if he were soon working for Marcus Waring. Or Michel Roux. Or in fact any of the top chefs that he cooked for on Tuesday night.

I think they all have a fantastic future ahead of them.
Life begins at the end of your comfort zone!
debih

Previous

Return to Entertainment