Strictly Final

TV, Films, Books - chat about them all here

Re: Strictly Final

Postby Osc » 23 Dec 2012, 14:41

Yes I think Louis' showdance was what clinched it - fab piece of music too. Denise's had far too many lifts and not enough dancing, and although Kimberley's was very good it was all a bit manic. I think Louis and Flavia's showdance came as a welcome relief to the ones that went before.

I'm sincerely hoping that last night will have been Bruce's Strictly Final also, he was dreadful all through the two shows, and appallingly rude at the end. We now regularly pause live tv to enable us to fast forward through him. Interestingly enough, I think Tess has looked far more relaxed and confident without him on the results show.
Osc

Postby Ally » 23 Dec 2012, 14:51

Osc wrote:Yes I think Louis' showdance was what clinched it - fab piece of music too. Denise's had far too many lifts and not enough dancing, and although Kimberley's was very good it was all a bit manic. I think Louis and Flavia's showdance came as a welcome relief to the ones that went before.

I'm sincerely hoping that last night will have been Bruce's Strictly Final also, he was dreadful all through the two shows, and appallingly rude at the end. We now regularly pause live tv to enable us to fast forward through him. Interestingly enough, I think Tess has looked far more relaxed and confident without him on the results show.

Osc..I've had two separate emails this morning from friends in the UK and they both just happened to mention Bruce's rudeness. :shock:

I didn't see the show so don't know what the silly old doofer got up to. :lol:
Ally
Site Admin

Postby Rodo » 23 Dec 2012, 15:53

This morning there were reports in two newspapers saying that he was going to leave the show, and two reports in two other newspapers saying he intended to go on for as long as he possibly could with the show!
Rodo

Postby miasmum » 23 Dec 2012, 16:55

Please let it be the former. :D
miasmum

Postby TheOstrich » 23 Dec 2012, 17:19

Bruce did lose it at the end, I'm afraid, but that was because he wanted the winning couple to receive the trophy and "take to the floor" without the other contestants milling around, which is what they were starting to do.

Actually, it was a re-run of 2011 when he got narked at the McFly boy band members rushing onto the floor just after it was announced Harry Judd had won.

I agree though, it's probably time for Bruce to hang up his hat now, but who would replace him, I don't know.

If he does go, please, please, please can he take Zoe Shouty Ball with him, from It Takes Two. She makes me even more irritated than Bruce! I automatically turn the volume down when the show starts .....
TheOstrich

Postby Kaz » 23 Dec 2012, 17:55

My niece was at the wrap party last night - shall I ask her if there's any gossip about Bruce leaving?

I expect he's just getting too old to cope with telly like this, he must be in his mid 80s...............I have to say on a personal level unconnected to Strictly I quite like Bruce. He lives on Wentworth Estate which isn't that far from where I used to live, a mile or so, and he was liked locally - which is usually quite telling.......... ;)
Kaz

Postby Diflower » 23 Dec 2012, 18:07

I think he's just too old for it and it's time he went - but we may not be pleased withhis replacement either, I certainly won't be if it's Ronnie Corbett, he must benearly as old!
Diflower

Postby Rodo » 23 Dec 2012, 19:12

Surely they wouldn't be stupid enough to replace him with Ronnie Corbett. He would be just as bad! Also, his droning voice gets on my nerves.

Tess would do a good job with some assistance. I'm not too sure about Anton. He seems ideal, but can be a bit silly at times.
Rodo

Postby Ally » 23 Dec 2012, 19:20

Ronnie Corbett is so short he'd be looking up Tess's dresses! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ally
Site Admin

Postby Rodo » 23 Dec 2012, 19:24

:lol:
Rodo

PreviousNext

Return to Entertainment