Strictly Final

TV, Films, Books - chat about them all here

Re: Strictly Final

Postby Osc » 23 Dec 2012, 22:48

Trust you Ally :lol: :lol:

I think Anton is a bit of a loose cannon, you could never be sure what he might say! Isn't it a sad state of affairs that there does not seem to be any young presenter who could deal with the live programme??
Osc

Postby Rodo » 23 Dec 2012, 22:53

I suppose there is Tess's husband.
Rodo

Postby Lozzles » 23 Dec 2012, 23:01

:lol: :evil: :evil:
Lozzles

Postby Osc » 23 Dec 2012, 23:07

No Rodo!!! Absolutely not him! I saw the two of them co-presenting something last year or the year before, and they were dreadful :roll: There is a real dearth of capable presenters who have the ability to (first of all) read the autocue, which Bruce blatently cannot do, keep a programme like this moving, have some small knowledge of dancing. On the American show they have a wonderful male presenter Tom Bergeron, he is sooooo good - calm, laid back, great on the adlibs without being near to the knuckle as Bruce so often is, and just altogether great at the job. In fact, I would love to see some new scriptwriters as well, people who don't think that it's ok to have so much gay innuendo on a so-called family show - if all that innuendo was about heterosexual people, there would be major complaints :roll: (Sorry, I'll get off that particular high horse now :oops: )
Osc

Postby Gal » 23 Dec 2012, 23:24

I think it seems apparent that whoever takes over from Bruce, they won't be popular with everyone.
Gal

Postby Osc » 23 Dec 2012, 23:46

Yes true, Gal, but that has to be balanced against the unpopularity of Bruce at this stage. If you look on various forums, way more people want him to go than want him to stay.
Osc

Postby Rodo » 24 Dec 2012, 03:04

An awful lot of people are fast forwarding the programme now simply to cut out his bits.
Rodo

Postby Gal » 24 Dec 2012, 09:43

Osc wrote:Yes true, Gal, but that has to be balanced against the unpopularity of Bruce at this stage. If you look on various forums, way more people want him to go than want him to stay.

Oh yes I imagine so, but what I meant was that who would fill his shoes in a way that everyone would like? A few names have been mentioned but not everyone has approved them and that's only here on our small forum. It's going to be a tough job for the producers because despite Bruce not being liked these days, Strictly is still very popular as a programme :)
Gal

Postby Kaz » 29 Dec 2012, 19:08

I asked my niece if she knew about Bruce and the new series - she said she does but couldn't tell me cos they sign a confidentiality clause :roll: :evil: :lol:

I did beg and plead on your behalves but no dice :oops:
Kaz

Postby Rodo » 29 Dec 2012, 19:49

Shall we club up for a bribe?
Rodo

PreviousNext

Return to Entertainment