Eat well for less.

TV, Films, Books - chat about them all here

Eat well for less.

Postby Workingman » 16 Oct 2019, 22:31

A couple, both with type 2 diabetes spend £97 per week on sweets, packets, chocolate, ready meals and takeaways - no fruit and only a few vegetable one of which was chips. Average daily eat is 4200 calories - each! :shock: :shock: :shock:

I so, so, so wanted them to fail.....but

They both now cook and have saved £45 per week. The daily eat is less than 4500 calories between them and they have both lost well over a stone each in only a few weeks.

It turned out be one of the best shows they have ever done. Shouty still, but in a good way. :D :D :D
Workingman

Re: Eat well for less.

Postby jenniren » 17 Oct 2019, 00:55

I've never watched this programme before (can't stand Greg Wallace and only put up with him for Masterchef) but tuned in tonight because it covered the couple with type 2 diabetes. Sat there absolutely horrified at their pre show shopping basket, just couldn't believe all the chocolate, cakes etc etc. Tbh it's a wonder they're still alive!!!

Like you WM, I'm really glad they succeeded, well done to the pair of them.
jenniren

Postby Ally » 17 Oct 2019, 06:56

Oooh thanks for this WM.

I didn't realise shouty TV was back....iplayer it is then. :lol:
Ally
Site Admin

Postby Workingman » 17 Oct 2019, 14:40

iPlayer probably best, Ally. This season's time slots have been all over the place due to other events - football, athletics etc. I think last night was 4 of 6.
Workingman

Postby Ally » 17 Oct 2019, 22:24

Workingman wrote:iPlayer probably best, Ally. This season's time slots have been all over the place due to other events - football, athletics etc. I think last night was 4 of 6.

Cheers chum....I now have this series up to date ready to indulge in. It will probably be Monday night's fest given how crazy the weekend looks. :lol: :lol:

After Only Connect of course. :P :P :P :P
Ally
Site Admin

Postby Kaz » 18 Oct 2019, 14:29

Ally wrote:Oooh thanks for this WM.

I didn't realise shouty TV was back....iplayer it is then. :lol:

Exactly what I was about to say! Love this show 8-)
Kaz

Postby saundra » 18 Oct 2019, 14:56

I to was amazed at all the sweet stuff in there trolley but to be honest if that was there normal weekly shop I would have thought they would have been far heavier than they where I'm sure these shows are fixed for tv especially the shopping part
BUt I'm pleased to see they are now on the right path to a better life style
saundra

Postby Workingman » 18 Oct 2019, 15:22

Saundra, I have always thought that the shopping part was faked - nobody picks a trolly with a backwards facing microphone camera at the front. However, I do think the till receipts and extras are true.

Spoiler Alert:
I loved the sugar cube bit. "These seven are what you should have in a day and these fifteen are what you are having extra." Then he tips a mixing bowl of cubes on the table saying this is what you have extra every week. Off he then pops round a garage and returns with a wheelbarrow full of cubes... this represents the extra for a year!

It was an epic cruel to be kind moment and it seemed to work.
Workingman

Postby saundra » 18 Oct 2019, 15:47

I don't even have any sugar in the hose except a very very old jar of artificial sugar stuff
saundra

Postby Ally » 18 Oct 2019, 23:17

saundra wrote:I don't even have any sugar in the hose except a very very old jar of artificial sugar stuff

I hadn't thought about this Saundra until you mentioned it but we don't have a single grain of sugar in our house.

We have chocolate :lol: but not raw sugar as it were.
Ally
Site Admin

Next

Return to Entertainment