ABBA.....

TV, Films, Books - chat about them all here

ABBA.....

Postby Workingman » 28 Oct 2019, 00:57

Four hours of gorgeous bubbleiciuosness on C5.

I had been brought up on Blues-Jazz by dad then I went to Blues Beat. Rock Steady, Soul and later, Reggae.... they were my kind of music. Then along came the musical hell disaster that was Disco; jeez what was that carp all about? I needed something else....

So, it's April 1974 and there is a big group of us, all very, very drunk in RAF Laarbuch NAAFI, doing the annual piss take of the Eurovision Song Contest on this massive TV brought in specially for the occasion. Suddenly all the booing, ironic cheering and whistling stopped and we all started to look and listen.

There on the big screen were two gorgeous girls, probably some blokes as well, and they were singing a song we could all relate to. It was so simple that by the end we were all singing along to the chorus. I was certainly hooked, but I have always blamed falling madly in love with Anni-Frid (dark haired one) rather than the music. ;)
Workingman

Re: ABBA.....

Postby Kaz » 28 Oct 2019, 12:28

I love ABBA! :Hi:
Kaz

Postby Kaz » 28 Oct 2019, 12:29

My dad had a thing for Agnetha, the blonde, much to my (brunette) mum's annoyance :D 8-) :lol: :lol: xx
Kaz

Postby Gal2 » 28 Oct 2019, 16:42

All the boys seemed to love Agnetha…..she did have the most gorgeous eyes....

Frank!! Disco is fab! Makes you want to get up and MOVE!! :Hi: :Hi:
Gal2
Site Admin

Return to Entertainment