Lose Weight and Get Fit with Tom Kerridge

TV, Films, Books - chat about them all here

Lose Weight and Get Fit with Tom Kerridge

Postby Ally » 18 Jan 2020, 13:01

Just watched this today (it was episode 2 of 6) and it was really interesting.

Tom had lost a huge amount of weight but at the start of the programme he said that he'd slowly been putting some of it back on again and was determined to put a halt to it.

He's promoting low fat home cooked recipes (all look yummy) and has a 'team' of volunteers that have diet issues and he's trying to help them eat better and exercise more.

It's a nice wee programme....but it's amazing how many people, despite all the information about good and bad food, still eat way too much fast food and rubbish.

But it's also good seeing these people wanting to and doing something about it.

I'm not sure when it's on as today's was a repeat so I'll need to search the listings but want to watch it as it'll be interesting to see how everyone does.
Ally
Site Admin

Re: Lose Weight and Get Fit with Tom Kerridge

Postby Workingman » 18 Jan 2020, 14:38

I have watched both and it is such a gentle programme, probably because he is such a gentle guy.

I like that he has gone down the spice road because those meals are so tasty and ever so easy to cook... and they are as quick as many ready meals without the industrial treatment and ingredients.

A tip for budding curry makers: get yourselves some cotton spice bags to put whole spices in - cloves, cardamoms, cinnamon sticks, bay leaves etc - rather than trying to fish them out piece by piece from a cooked dish.

BBC Two, Weds at 8:30 pm.
Workingman

Postby Kaz » 18 Jan 2020, 20:28

I keep meaning to catch up with this, as he's a Glawster lad and apparently he's using local people in this series. As the "Six degrees of separation" theory is rarely more than two degrees in Gloucester, where if you don't know someone, someone you know will, the chances are we might have a connection there somewhere :P :lol:

Joking aside, his last series was very good, so I'm looking forward to catching up 8-)
Kaz

Postby Workingman » 18 Jan 2020, 21:27

Kaz, when I saw Glawster I immediately thought of you, but you're not big enough to take part. You might know some of them though. :P
Workingman

Postby Kaz » 18 Jan 2020, 23:11

:P :lol: :lol:
Kaz

Return to Entertainment