Eurovision....

TV, Films, Books - chat about them all here

Eurovision....

Postby miasmum » 15 May 2022, 01:25

Basically after years in the wilderness and last years horrendous nil points, WE WON :Hi:

Well we came second to Ukraine, but we won the jury vote which is the music side of it and lost out to the public vote and there was always one way that was going
miasmum

Re: Eurovision....

Postby JanB » 15 May 2022, 10:19

Did well, didn't we? :Hi: :Hi:

Didn't like the English song, but still :lol:
JanB

Postby miasmum » 15 May 2022, 22:59

It sort of grew on me Jan
miasmum

Postby Workingman » 15 May 2022, 23:08

We didn't WIN. We were the fist of the losers.

It was fixed in Ukraine's favour even before it began because of the war and sympathy and empathy. We all know that. The 'song' was crap.

The new name for the com should be the Eurovision Political Contest.
Workingman

Postby miasmum » 16 May 2022, 09:50

Oh go away with your misery

Its been political for years, thats part of its charm, but despite people saying all the Eastern bloc countries vote for each other Norway have managed to win, Italy have, Sweden have, without the peoples vote this year UK would have.

This year we got votes from everywhere, thats not political, or maybe it is and its escaped my lowly intellect, no doubt you will soon put me right :lol:

We won with the jury voting and Ukraine won with the people vote, yes we all knew that was going to happen. You call it sympathy, I call it solidarity.

Whats being the first of the losers? Is every Olympic Silver medal the first of the losers, every team below the league winners the first of the losers.

Yes if you like your glass half empty, but thats your choice.

I love it, lots of people love it. Don't like, then don't watch :lol:
miasmum

Postby Ally » 16 May 2022, 10:50

miasmum wrote:Oh go away with your misery

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Ally
Site Admin

Postby TheOstrich » 16 May 2022, 11:51

I'm not sure that "Eurovision" and the "Entertainment" board are really compatible ..... :lol: :P ;)
TheOstrich

Postby Kaz » 16 May 2022, 15:03

Our entry was the best, musically, but Ukraine were bound to win. The whole of Europe wanted to show solidarity with them, and quite right too ;)

Just one thing though - Ukraine are hardly likely to be in a position to host next year, so will it fall to us to do it? :?: :idea:
Kaz

Postby Kaz » 16 May 2022, 15:03

TheOstrich wrote:I'm not sure that "Eurovision" and the "Entertainment" board are really compatible ..... :lol: :P ;)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :D
Kaz

Postby miasmum » 16 May 2022, 15:16

Kaz wrote:Our entry was the best, musically, but Ukraine were bound to win. The whole of Europe wanted to show solidarity with them, and quite right too ;)

Just one thing though - Ukraine are hardly likely to be in a position to host next year, so will it fall to us to do it? :?: :idea:

Yes Kaz it will and quite possibly alongside Ukraine. We pay a fortune every year to run it, so we might as well get some revenue back from TV rights, etc. Zelensky is admant Ukraine will host but can you see that happening? When they show the little cameos of the host countries AONB can you imagine what Ukraine will show? Just heartbreaking :(
miasmum

Next

Return to Entertainment