Strictly

TV, Films, Books - chat about them all here

Strictly

Postby miasmum » 13 Nov 2022, 13:09

Who is still watching?

This is more about the programme than the contestants, as I have a very different personal choice than many.

I used to love SCD then slowly realised every year felt like a repeat of the last and stopped watching.

The year, when Bill Bailey took part, I tuned in to watch him and was amazed how good he was, so I watched him every week and no one else. Last year I enjoyed Rose and John.

This year I thought I will watch it properly. I was actually quite excited about the start and watched the first 2/3 weeks properly. But then my interest dropped again and now I am back to watching my favourites and fast forwarded the rest.

I even fast forward the judges comments as they are ridiculous, they praise and mark down, criticise and mark up. There is a top, a bottom and then a tie.

I feel it should actually be renamed Strictly Theatre, as every one feels like a clip from musical theatre, the dancing is lost in the theatricals, the props, the faff.

So I watch Strictly again in about 20 mins and once those I like are gone, I'll give up

Workingman, we know thank you.......just saying :lol: :lol:
miasmum

Re: Strictly

Postby JanB » 13 Nov 2022, 20:56

miasmum wrote:Workingman, we know thank you.......just saying

:lol: :lol:
JanB

Postby Kaz » 13 Nov 2022, 21:47

I dip in and out, have caught a few of the dances. To be honest I much prefer Dancing On Ice, it's one of my favourites of the whole year 8-)

:lol: Frank :lol:
Kaz

Postby TheOstrich » 13 Nov 2022, 22:04

TBH, we haven't bothered watching it for several years now; we lost interest in it when Len Goodman left and the format then went "woke".
As you say, MM, too much theatre and faff.
TheOstrich

Postby miasmum » 14 Nov 2022, 00:10

I catch up on SCD by reading Digital Spy so I only found out tonight Will Mellor told a sob story about his dad and Kym Marsh about her stillborn baby. Both totally sad and in Kim’s case tragic. But FGS this is a family light entertainment show people, not your therapy.

It gets more X Factor and more American every week
miasmum

Postby Workingman » 17 Nov 2022, 20:33

miasmum wrote:Workingman, we know thank you.......just saying :lol: :lol:

Worry ye not, peeps.

I have given up on BBC 1 &2 and ITV....so SCD, Mastercook, BG(no)T, X Factory, GBBO etc mean nothing to me.

Mind you I am working up a rant about 'I'm an (unknown) Sleb' and the unfunny Cbeebies presenters, Dent and Ack. Oxygen thieves and a waste of rations.

I'll be back. ;)
Workingman

Postby Gal2 » 10 Dec 2022, 19:48

I’m one of the faithful, watch it all every week but I know what you mean about the sob stories, even I’m getting a bit sick of them!

But I’m cross that it’s being messed about by the football, very annoying!!!
Gal2
Site Admin

Return to Entertainment