Old TV series

TV, Films, Books - chat about them all here

Old TV series

Postby cromwell » 12 Dec 2022, 13:19

For some reason MrsC and I have started looking at old TV series.
There are so many channels now and so I guess they have to broadcast old shows just to fill the slots.
As well as the old Jonathan Creek and Morse shows we've started watching Dngerous Davies, the last detective.

Does anyone else do this, miss things the first time around and only get into them years later?
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored" - Aldous Huxley
cromwell

Re: Old TV series

Postby Ally » 12 Dec 2022, 15:26

I do! :lol:

Having spent decades not watching TV I've discovered, indeed still am, loads of programmes I missed first time round. :lol:

In fact since being in Nottingham I've binge watched all 7 series of Prime Suspect which was just great as I only wached the first one when it first came out.
Ally
Site Admin

Postby cromwell » 12 Dec 2022, 15:44

:lol: :lol:

I'm glad it's not just me! :D
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored" - Aldous Huxley
cromwell

Postby Kaz » 12 Dec 2022, 17:09

Crommers, we enjoy watching the old shows even if we did see them first time around :oops: :lol: Poirot is a favourite, Morse, Jonathan Creek.........We found Forces TV early this year with old episodes of Watching, a comedy I really used to love, and still love :D Unfortunately the station closed down in the summer :evil:
Kaz

Postby TheOstrich » 12 Dec 2022, 22:33

We only watch old shows these days, nothing new :lol:

Most we've seen before, like Vera, Dalziel & Pascoe, Poirot, The Last Detective, Maisie Raine (and Mrs O is now pretty-much word-perfect on around 80% of the Midsomer Murders episodes) but the one series we didn't originally see which we've been watching on Drama every lunchtime is "The Bill". We started watching it mid-way through all the series, saw it right up to the end, and then they restarted from somewhere near the beginning, but we still haven't reached the point yet where we originally started watching it, if that makes any sense!

I guess when we run out of The Bill, we'll have to take lunch an hour earlier and start watching Casualty .... :o
TheOstrich

Postby miasmum » 12 Dec 2022, 23:59

If they ever re-run London’s Burning promise you’ll let me know. I’d love to watch that again from the start
miasmum

Postby Kaz » 13 Dec 2022, 19:25

Oh me too! I loved it!
Kaz

Postby JoM » 14 Dec 2022, 13:44

miasmum wrote:If they ever re-run London’s Burning promise you’ll let me know. I’d love to watch that again from the start

Is it on Britbox?

One that completely passed me by is The Sopranos, it started in the late 90s, I’m hooked on it now.

And The Charlatans and Johnny Marr one week later
JoM

Postby Ally » 14 Dec 2022, 15:02

JoM wrote:
miasmum wrote:If they ever re-run London’s Burning promise you’ll let me know. I’d love to watch that again from the start

Is it on Britbox?

One that completely passed me by is The Sopranos, it started in the late 90s, I’m hooked on it now.

This is our binge watch choice for January Jo. :lol:

Although looking at the amount of episodes I can see February and March coming into play. :lol:
Ally
Site Admin

Postby cruiser2 » 14 Dec 2022, 20:42

The old shows are a lot better than the new ones.
cruiser2

Next

Return to Entertainment