Heir Hunters

TV, Films, Books - chat about them all here

Heir Hunters

Postby Ally » 10 Jan 2013, 09:39

I've been watching and enjoying this.

It's on BBC2 at 8pm (I think they are repeats.)

It's quite sad sometimes..so many people die alone and lonely. :(

Last night one old lady had lived the last 14 years of her life in a care home and in all that time no one came to visit her. :cry:

But in the same show it had two cousins meeting up for the first time..and they'd only lived 15 miles away from each other. :? :)
Ally
Site Admin

Re: Heir Hunters

Postby Fugitive » 10 Jan 2013, 10:13

It used to be on at 9.15 in the morning when I do my Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred DVD and it is fascinating how the Heir Hunters find people like that and often tinged with sadness. The rather nice voice over is by John Torode's new lady love Lisa Faulkner. Now I have to do my exercise routine to Wanted Down Under at the same time and having to tolerate Nicki 'smugface' Chapman.
Fugitive

Postby Ally » 10 Jan 2013, 10:20

Fugitive wrote:It used to be on at 9.15 in the morning when I do my Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred DVD and it is fascinating how the Heir Hunters find people like that and often tinged with sadness. The rather nice voice over is by John Torode's new lady love Lisa Faulkner. Now I have to do my exercise routine to Wanted Down Under at the same time and having to tolerate Nicki 'smugface' Chapman.

:lol: :lol:
Ally
Site Admin

Postby JoM » 10 Jan 2013, 13:22

LOL Fugi! I was watching that in the gym this morning. I only saw the first 10 minutes though so will have to catch the rest on iPlayer as I was quite intrigued to see how things worked out for this family (no spoilers please!) but I'd already spent 70 minutes on the treadmill and couldn't do a minute more :lol:

I do like Heir Hunters, I'm glad it's on at night as I'm more inclined to see the whole thing. It is so sad at times though.

And The Charlatans and Johnny Marr one week later
JoM

Postby JoM » 10 Jan 2013, 13:23

Forgot to say, Nicki Chapman annoys me too! :lol:

And The Charlatans and Johnny Marr one week later
JoM

Postby Fugitive » 10 Jan 2013, 13:42

So there's you at the gym and me with my weights lunging around both watching the same TV programme-funny :lol:

Aren't we good?

I enjoy watching the couples with children hoping for a new way of life Down Under. I love the houses there as so much space with balconies and terraces and outside living areas instead of our soggy back lawns but that isn't everything. All very tempting for them though.
Fugitive

Postby Kaz » 10 Jan 2013, 15:53

:lol: :lol: I love both programmes - I often watch them in the 9.15 BBC1 slot when I'm just out of the shower and having a cuppa, posting on here at the same time :lol: Multi-taking 8-) :lol: :lol:

Heir Hunters can be terrifically interesting and often very poignant.....families torn apart by war, family fallouts or adoption - but there are some really heartwarming stories on there too :) :D

Wanted Down Under makes me green with envy!! :mrgreen: :lol: :lol: If we were twenty or even ten years younger I'd be pushing Mick into this sooo hard!!! :twisted: :lol: :lol:
Kaz

Postby Kaz » 10 Jan 2013, 15:56

Meant to add I don't mind Nikki Chapman, I think it's just the way her face falls naturally rather than having a smug personality :? :lol: :lol: :lol: I actually prefer her to Nadia Swallywallyhallia ( :P ) who used to present it, as I find her annoying!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Kaz

Postby Fugitive » 10 Jan 2013, 16:07

Mmm! I don't like her in Escape to the Country either :roll:

I'd love to be an Heir Hunter doing research and driving around visiting people trying to trace them from all those birth, death and marriage searches. I love a bit of detective work.

I'd have been the same as you Kaz a few years ago and urging my chef husband to go Down Under and a new life based on what we see now though on these programmes. It didn't seem as attractive back then.
Fugitive

Postby saundra » 10 Jan 2013, 17:00

iv seen all the heir hunters programs years ago
well it seems years :lol:
i really like wanted down under
and i would love to see how they get on (if they go) sometimes there is an update
i dont think the grass is always greener tho
saundra

Next

Return to Entertainment