N h s

A board for your questions to admin

N h s

Postby saundra » 08 May 2016, 11:44

I didn't know this until my visit yesterday to hospital :shock:
When you are admitted by ambulance
The crew have to stay with the patient in my case in a corridor they propped a wall up :roll:
For a good hour until they handed me over to a doctor
And the hospital has to pay a fine if a patient isent seen within 15 minutes of leaving the ambulance
That's the policy here anyway
I was amazed
saundra

Re: N h s

Postby Gal » 08 May 2016, 13:53

I know this from when my late BIL had frequent admissions.....ambulance would be sent from say Middlesbrough or further (a 30 minute drive) and then to the nearest hospital at Darlington...........last time they were all at the hospital for over 3 hours because staff were too busy to complete 'handover' so the paramedics were just killing time in those three hours. What a waste of their resources :(
Gal

Postby Kaz » 10 May 2016, 08:10

I knew this, with my BiL being a paramedic, they work so hard but are weighed down by a lot of 'daft' policy from what I can see :?
Kaz

Postby KateLMead » 16 May 2016, 09:03

Oh dear Saundra, I hope you are OK.. Thinking of you..I am off for my second colonoscopy this afternoon..what a job. We need a disguise to hide our faces when we have to undergo this nightmare.. :oops: :oops: :roll: take care of yourself dear.
KateLMead

Postby Rodo » 16 May 2016, 12:07

You may have seen on Facebook that our local A&E in Chorley has been closed down. There is a small emergency kind of unit to deal with small problems, but people have to travel to other towns now for an A&E. The latest waiting time at Preston is said to be about 8 hours now with the increased pressure. It is rumoured that Wigan have refused to deal with people from our area and Blackburn is under very great pressure too.

The Chorley hospital is on the junction with two motorways where there are almost daily crashes and casualties in ambulances travelling to these other towns have to negotiate all this even before they get to a hospital that will take them.

The advice is - just don't get ill or have an accident.
Rodo

Postby Kaz » 16 May 2016, 17:23

Absolutely shocking Rodo :( :( :(
Kaz

Return to Feedback