Introduction Thread

A board for your questions to admin

Introduction Thread

Postby Aggers » 13 May 2014, 23:20

I think the idea of the introduction thread is a very good idea

but don't you think it would be advisable to transfer this to a board that can only be accessed by members?
Aggers

Re: Introduction Thread

Postby Workingman » 14 May 2014, 00:41

I also thought that, John, but then realised that there isn't much that can't be picked up from people''s posts over a period of time.

We tend to be fairly open with each other with what we divulge on VV, so there is not much to hide - in the grand scheme of things.

VV does have 'private' boards, but even they are open to members who register, join and post, once, and never again. The bottom line is that the Internet is not, and never will be, private.

If you really want to keep things secret, keep them in your head, but if you want to be part of a community you have to accept that some things you say are open to all.

It is a trade-off, and one I am happy to take part in.
Workingman

Postby Aggers » 14 May 2014, 09:52

Fair comment, Frank.

But maybe it's better not to make it too easy for anyone to glean personal information?
Aggers

Postby Rodo » 14 May 2014, 10:02

I feel much the same as you here Aggers. The thought of all my personal stuff ending up on Google puts the wind up me.
Rodo

Postby Paddypix » 14 May 2014, 14:10

As an experiment I Googled two names from my post in the Introduction thread - Bluebell and Henry. Pages and pages came up about Geri Halliwell who apparently is in the relationship with someone called Henry and has a daughter called Bluebell, poor child. I would just like to put it on record that I didn't name my cats after a sleb's family. :D
Paddypix

Postby Kaz » 14 May 2014, 17:02

I think it's safe enough, and Café is the best place ;)
Kaz

Postby Lozzles » 15 May 2014, 17:11

I think we just have to decide for ourselves how much we want to share. I could have said a lot more, but chose not to...mainly because you would all nod off :lol:
Lozzles

Postby Kaz » 15 May 2014, 17:51

:lol: :lol: Same here 8-)
Kaz

Return to Feedback