Our Kate

A board for your questions to admin

Our Kate

Postby Aggers » 07 Nov 2015, 12:14

We haven't heard from Kate for several weeks.
Does anyone know if she is alright?
Aggers

Re: Our Kate

Postby debih » 07 Nov 2015, 12:27

I've just looked on facebook and she was active on there 49 minutes ago.

I wonder if she has lost the link or her password for VV
Life begins at the end of your comfort zone!
debih

Postby Diflower » 07 Nov 2015, 13:19

Yes as Debih says, Kate has been on Facebook on and off; she last posted here on vv on October 19th.
She does forget her password fairly regularly but usually let's one of us know via Facebook - there is a group on there for vv, mainly used for info if this site goes down for any reason :)
Diflower

Postby Kaz » 07 Nov 2015, 15:46

As Di says, Kate always messages one of us if she's lost her way in and we sort it out for her :) ;)
Kaz

Postby Aggers » 07 Nov 2015, 21:35

I managed to turn up the telephone number Kate gave me a few years back when
Mrs A and I called to see her. Thankfully, there is nothing wrong with her, apart
from the skin cancer she told us about. I told her we had missed her, and she has
promised to join us again soon.
Aggers

Postby Kaz » 07 Nov 2015, 22:00

Kate has popped a message to you on the Café board Aggers :) xx
Kaz

Postby KateLMead » 07 Nov 2015, 22:37

I have not been overly well for some time as I mentioned To Aggers who thoughtfully phoned me this evening.thankyou .
I am awaiting surgery and plastic surgery to follow 'on my nose of all places .but realise there are others suffering and are going through so much more, my heart goes out to them.
it was lovely to hear your voice Aggers.

I had a cataract op in June, was not given sufficient anaesthetic, the surgeon was a complete nutter, it felt like a pneumatic drill boring through my eye, absolutely agonising, I begged him to stop, instead he ordered two hefty male nurses to hold my ankles down so as I could not move, I went into shock and have since had stomach problems due to strain, and I am too afraid to have my other eye operated on. The agonising effect of the op has set me back in my old age. My doctor is furious and is mortified she told me to write a letter of complaint to PAL. I have done so stating the man behaved totally irresponsibly but like all set -ups they cover each other's backsides. They are supposed to come to a conclusion within 30 days following investigating a complaint, in my case I am still waiting since June. My last call to them was two days ago they state they will have completed their investigation within two weeks . My fear is that if this is a common practice in rendering patients particularly old aged pensioners ( I am 82) immobile in such a manner, he risks them having a heart attack .
We are blessed with some excellent doctors and nurses in our hospital as I discovered again recently when I was taken in with a suspected aneurism that thankfully turned out to be negative, I could not fault their care and I always show my appreciation. Not a bad record, hospitalised only three times in 82 years that included breast surgery for cancer almost five years ago..
KateLMead

Postby Kaz » 07 Nov 2015, 23:00

(((((((((Kate))))))))))) xxx
Kaz

Postby KateLMead » 08 Nov 2015, 11:35

Diflower wrote:Yes as Debih says, Kate has been on Facebook on and off; she last posted here on vv on October 19th.
She does forget her password fairly regularly but usually let's one of us know via Facebook - there is a group on there for vv, mainly used for info if this site goes down for any reason :)

I really do appreciate the way you have tolerated my memory loss.. ( Dementia test is in the offing, the doc thinks it is caused through stress.my memory has caused a great deal of concern to myself and my family) however I am now writing most things down "unless I forget! :D thank you for your tolerance .xxx
KateLMead

Postby Diflower » 08 Nov 2015, 12:33

Kate my very amateur diagnosis would be the same, stress can have all sorts of horrid effects (((xx)))
Meditation maybe :) x
Diflower

Next

Return to Feedback