Good morning Monday

A place to chat with friends, old and new

Re: Good morning Monday

Postby Osc » 29 Aug 2016, 10:34

Morning all, welcome to the morning thread Myrtle! It's a nice day here, the washing is out already and another load on. That ironing I mentioned yesterday? Ummmmm, got a text from friends out here for the day asking if we could "go out to play" so that was the ironing pushed aside while we had a few hours chat and laughter over coffee/tea and cake in a local coffee place. So once again ironing is on the to-do list :roll: Mr Osc is heading out to play golf. Where are you off to this time, Cruiser? Have a good day everyone :)

Oh, and Kaz, come here till I slap you for even thinking that C word, let alone typing it :evil:
Osc

Postby JoM » 29 Aug 2016, 12:02

One shower a week??? I'd be packing my bags if I was told one a day was my limit :lol: :lol:
It'll be lovely to have her home Kaz, bet there'll be the biggest squishiest the hug waiting for her! :D

We had a lovely walk earlier, it's a gorgeous morning. John's now vacuuming half of mid-Wales out of the back of the car which he brought back with him yesterday.

Ally, Tom's thinking of a little European tour next Summer so I've told him to sign up for newsletters from the budget airlines so that he can see when they've got sales on. Hope Jacob has a great time!

Enjoy your lazy day Myrtle!

And The Charlatans and Johnny Marr one week later
JoM

Postby Kaz » 29 Aug 2016, 12:34

Osc wrote:
Oh, and Kaz, come here till I slap you for even thinking that C word, let alone typing it :evil:

:P
Kaz

Postby Kaz » 29 Aug 2016, 12:39

myrtle1 wrote:Good morning :)

Everyone sounds busy ... enjoy :) I'm having a lazy day :D

Morning myrtle, you too! :D
Kaz

Postby saundra » 29 Aug 2016, 14:35

Been lovely here mega warm so iv Sat in the garden
When big cloud or two went over I hoovered :lol:
It's gone quite cloudy now so I'm laid on my bed reading
Neighbour said it's packed in town
saundra

Postby Diflower » 29 Aug 2016, 15:30

Afternoon :)
Lovely day :D
Bb had to work but not for long, and had to go into the centre of Southampton, so we carried out our plan for me to go with him
Since I've been trying to buy a new pair of jeans for over a year it was definitely time to brave proper big shops ;)
I also wanted a new pair of smartish ankle boots, mine are just too old and worn to get repaired any more.
I spotted some on Debenhams website, with wedge heels; went to Debenhams, found the boots, tried them on and bought them, just like that :D
So on to M&S, found the Per Una jeans, picked a pair of straight legs in sizes 12 and 10 (just in case). Not even a queue for the fitting rooms!!
Tried the 12, they kind of fitted but the legs were quite baggy, thought I may as well try the 10...oh yes, Per Una size 10, how about that, fit beautifully :Hi:

That was quite enough big scary shopping for us, we popped into Tesco express and bought sandwiches then stopped at a picnic spot in the Forest.
What a lovely antidote, and we were rewarded by a gorgeous baby donkey insisting on an ear rub...and a face rub...and a general fuss :D
Honestly, you're told not to touch them, but with the donkeys it's completely impossible, they come right up and stick their head into your hand :D

On top of all that we have scones and clotted cream for our own cream tea :D

Sounds like the best plan for B Kaz :)
Hope you all enjoy the rest of the day
x
Diflower

Postby Gal » 29 Aug 2016, 16:06

Gorgeous day here!

Tom and I have had some great couple time, long lie in and then a trip out to the local park - well about 4miles from here - for a lovely walk round the lake (twice) and finishing with a coffee and scone. Not done this in ages so it was great. Still not feeling brilliant (either of us) so a long walk was out of the question, twice round the lake was fine though! It was busy, expected on this lovely day.

Have finished the book I was reading on my kindle since getting back - sitting on the decking in the sunshine :)

Great news re B Kaz - I hope she has the best time visiting Vancouver! And not long before she is home 8-)

Jenni I hope your H isn't getting what T and I have had - it takes AAAAGES to go!! And you feel rotten....hopefully it's 'just' a cold x
Gal

Postby saundra » 29 Aug 2016, 16:51

Glad your on the mend Gal and sounds like the shopping went well dif :Hi:
saundra

Postby JoM » 29 Aug 2016, 17:02

Di, I'm so envious about the donkey! :D How lovely!

And The Charlatans and Johnny Marr one week later
JoM

Postby Kaz » 29 Aug 2016, 17:19

Di your day sounds perfick :D I saw he donkey photos on Facebook, what a gorgeous little thing - I couldn't have resisted either ;) You got great buys there, with the boots and jeans! :Hi: :D 8-)

Gal, I'm glad you and T managed to get out and about a little, am sure the fresh air will have helped a little, and a great afternoon for sitting and reading in the sunshine! (((((x)))))
Kaz

Previous

Return to Cafe