The Random Thread

A place to chat with friends, old and new

Re: The Random Thread

Postby Diflower » 23 Apr 2017, 18:12

The neighbour who bought my bike brought me a bunch of tulips because I wouldn't accept more money for all the extras :D
And Brenda has given us two bottles of wine 'for all our help'
Aren't people nice :D
Diflower

Postby Kaz » 23 Apr 2017, 18:13

:Hi: :Hi:
Kaz

Postby JanB » 23 Apr 2017, 20:58

So annoying :evil: :evil: :evil:

When we knew the tin hut had to go, Gez said she'd have it. No worries, Dimas will move it, as he's her next door neighbour.

I really appreciate that her mum and dad have been ill, she'0s spent more time in England than normal, but she said it would be moved - and that was about 6 weeks ago. It was first talked about 5 months ago :roll: :roll:

She's now back in England, for the next 3 weeks, the tin hut is actually in the way, as we have camper van friends coming up at the week-end, need wood ordering and the lorry won't be able to turn.

I've asked her to arrange removal - nada. Grumpy is all for taking it down the bin and leaving it. but we did promise it to her.

I've just sent her another message on fb :roll: :roll: :roll:
JanB

Postby JanB » 23 Apr 2017, 21:01

Every now and then, Gladys has a laff - all over the bathroom floor :oops: :oops: me, flip-flops, jeans :oops: :oops: :oops: :cute: :cute: :cute:
JanB

Postby Osc » 23 Apr 2017, 22:26

Naughty Gladys :evil:

*sigh* I made a jocular remark (as I thought) on a FB thread in which I referred to things being written in proper English, followed by a wink and found myself being attacked, especially by one person whom I normally avoid. She referred to "small minded prejudices from nasty self imposed superior beings" :roll: :roll:
Osc

Postby Ally » 23 Apr 2017, 22:29

Osc wrote:Naughty Gladys :evil:

*sigh* I made a jocular remark (as I thought) on a FB thread in which I referred to things being written in proper English, followed by a wink and found myself being attacked, especially by one person whom I normally avoid. She referred to "small minded prejudices from nasty self imposed superior beings" :roll: :roll:

Pffft! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Ally
Site Admin

Postby Kaz » 24 Apr 2017, 08:10

I saw that Osc, why do some people have to take things that are lighthearted and make it all about them?? We've had a similar thing this weekend, Mick shared a little cartoon meme (coincidentally, the same one as that post you were on!) and his brother chose to 'go off on one' about it :? :roll: :cute:
Kaz

Postby JanB » 24 Apr 2017, 08:43

Some people just have no sense of humour and are the small minded ones :evil:
JanB

Postby JoM » 24 Apr 2017, 12:35

Osc and Kaz, how pathetic! Some people have no sense of humour!

And The Charlatans and Johnny Marr one week later
JoM

Postby Workingman » 24 Apr 2017, 14:01

Don't let it get to you ... I see it all the time when reading comments on all sorts of articles.

Some people cannot get over their own sense of superiority when pointing out the grammatical or spelling mistakes of others.

Yes, it is strange when people use 'there' for everything when sometimes it should be 'their' or 'they're', but if the message is understandable why go off on one?

Life - get one - springs to mind.
Workingman

PreviousNext

Return to Cafe