Good morning Monday

A place to chat with friends, old and new

Good morning Monday

Postby Ally » 29 Apr 2024, 06:16

Good morning.

A sunny 24° forecast. 8-)

Meeting Ely at 9.30 for our convowalk. :D

A swim then more reading by the pool. :)

TV tonight.

Have a great day.
Ally
Site Admin

Re: Good morning Monday

Postby meriad » 29 Apr 2024, 07:21

Good morning Ally and everyone

Have a lovely day Ally; another perfect sounding one ahead for you.
WFH Monday for me with the usual mix of pootle and work so nothing exciting to report. After a rather wet, windy and cold weekend, the sun is out and the sky is blue. I'll use my lunch hour to pop over to the allotment and get a bit of work done there. Sods law, the weather this long weekend is going to be amazing and I'm away :roll: ; so I want to see if I can get a bit done in the next few days and then play catch up when I'm back.

Have a lovely day all x
meriad

Postby JanB » 29 Apr 2024, 07:58

Morning Ally, Ria and everyone

Sunny but cool start. Warming up to 20C but going down to 6C again tonight :shock: Feels cold out there in the breeze.

I-ll get the ironing out of the way this morning and also pull up the last of the beetroot. Only got the onions left in the veggie garden and then Grumpy can turn it all over, ready for the summer. He pulled up all the broad bean plants and peas yesterday, ready for mulching.

Have a good day everyone, whatever you-re doing xx
JanB

Postby cruiser2 » 29 Apr 2024, 08:42

Good morning everybody,

It is still only 14C but the sun is shining. There are still some grey clouds and it is windy.
I have ben to geta repeat prescription. I wan anothetr container for the small needles i use when i tst my blod each day. They last about four months.
I have also asked for an apointment with the doctor as some of the readings are high. Will send it to me by text.
Hope to go and finish the weeding. Theybare growing between th flags and the bricks round the edge ofthe lawn.

Have a good day everybody.
cruiser2

Postby Osc » 29 Apr 2024, 09:56

Morning all, it’s a damp and miserable one here although the heavy drizzle has stopped for the moment. Edward has gone to play golf as his golf partner maintains the weather is going to get better. I had a great sleep after my day trip to Belfast, it was lovely meeting up with Liz and Glenny again. Mobility class this morning then back to do not much, I did a lot on Saturday including the ironing so can take it easy today (no change there :lol: ) Just need to do the usual tidy around before I go out.
Osc

Postby cromwell » 29 Apr 2024, 10:48

Good morning.
Sunny earlier but the clouds are building up. Still a chilly wind.
One of the side pieces has dropped off my glasses and I don't fancy doing a Jack Duckworth on them (mending them with elastoplast) so we will go into the opticians this afternoon.
MrsC is at the hairdressers and it's salmon for tea tonight.
Have a good day everyone.
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored" - Aldous Huxley
cromwell

Postby jenniren » 29 Apr 2024, 11:34

Morning all :D

Bright and sunny 8-)

Tesco have just delivered, they were 45mins early, but not a problem. Actually it's quite good as we want to get out in the garden for a bit of weeding. There's not too much to do which is just as well as the bin's almost full, but good to get it done before it's emptied tomorrow.

Hope you all have a good day xx
jenniren

Postby Kaz » 29 Apr 2024, 14:59

Afternoon everyone :)

It’s been dry here today, some sunshine - dare we hope? :P Met Em and her daughter S in town, had a bite and a look around the shops. Boots had a half-price offer on my face cream - bargain 8-) :D Becky got offered a paying job near Brisbane, so has taken that up, a 12hr bus ride from Cairns!

Crommers that made me laugh, I loved the Duckworths :lol:

Love to all xxx
Kaz

Postby JanB » 29 Apr 2024, 16:11

Been a busy day, no rain today, so we were able to get out and about.

Beetroot now cooked, peeled and in jars, made some spring rolls, to use up some veg - lush :Hi: - prepped for dinner and have had a long video chat with a friend in England.

And did the ironing, which was a bit of a hit and miss to begin with, as I haven't used a steam iron for years :roll: :lol:

Any idea when Saundra will be back with us?
JanB

Postby Kaz » 29 Apr 2024, 19:31

Jan, it won’t be until she has family there, as it needs someone to enter her login details.
Kaz

Return to Cafe