Good morning Wednesday

A place to chat with friends, old and new

Good morning Wednesday

Postby Ally » 22 May 2024, 06:00

Good morning.

As it's been hitting 30° I can't see why today will be any different. :lol:

I'll have my swim and that's me for the day. :D

I need to watch last night's Masterchef before the final tonight as I accidentally went out for a cold beer. :lol:

Have a great day.
Ally
Site Admin

Re: Good morning Wednesday

Postby cruiser2 » 22 May 2024, 07:48

Good morning Ally and anybody else who is up.

It is 19C again but raining. Am going to get some small brass screws. for the hinge on the toilet seat. Also some weed killer from B & Q.
How the manage to grow between the flags baffles me.

Then I will just be pootling.

Have a good day everybody.
cruiser2

Postby JanB » 22 May 2024, 08:18

Morning Ally, Cruiser and everyone

We had thick fog/mist earlier and I couldn't get any internet :evil: But that's just disappeared and the sun is out. Warming up nicely now, 25C today and will be 30C by the week-end 8-)

I'm off to Ourique later, not sure if Grumpy will be coming. He's better, but still being a moaning minnie :roll: I'll carry on, coughing and spluttering, but without the moaning bit :lol:

Have a good day everyone, whatever you're doing xx
JanB

Postby Osc » 22 May 2024, 10:14

Morning all, it’s mostly cloudy here but quite mild. Our visitors will be arriving in the afternoon, they are coming on the ferry from Holyhead which is due into Dublin at 1.25, so they should be with us well within an hour after that. We plan to eat in the pub next door this evening. There will be plenty of chat and laughter. We first met this couple at the Grand Canyon in 2000 and always have good fun with them. His mother was Irish so last year he got an Irish passport and they are trying it out to see if it works :lol:
Osc

Postby saundra » 22 May 2024, 11:07

Morning all it's every dark and very very wet the weeds on the gravel are growing but can't spray them because of the weather enjoy yourself with the visitors osc f
Have a good day if you can everyone
saundra

Postby jenniren » 22 May 2024, 12:03

Morning all :D

Bright and sunny 8-)

Off out to the hairdresser at 2pm, Ed will walk up to his favourite barber and get his done too. Hoping my ankle doesn't play up too much, I haven't had a proper walk since my op and it's very uneven in Ramsgate town centre.

Hope you all have a good day xx
jenniren

Postby meriad » 22 May 2024, 13:31

hello all and good afternoon

Office day for me; quite a few people are out at an all afternoon meeting so I'll be leaving here at 2pm; going via a notary first to drop off some work docs and then head home and work from there :Hi: Weather is rather iffy, but it seems to be drying out a bit which is good.

have a good day all and have fun with all the bits and bobs you're all up to x
meriad

Postby cromwell » 22 May 2024, 15:07

Good afternoon.
A foul day here, it hasn't stopped raining.
We have been to do Jim's shopping and get a mini-statement.
Looks like tv tonight.
I hope your walk went well Jen.
Have a nice day everyone.
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored" - Aldous Huxley
cromwell

Postby Kaz » 22 May 2024, 17:18

Afternoon everyone :)

It's poured with rain all day here :roll: We went into town to pay some cheques in - moving money around as we've had all the permissions through for the conservatory :) We had a cuppa in Coffee#1 afterwards, then went to see D. We were going to clean D's car, but it was far too wet.

Just turned the telly on, they've called a General Election for the 4th of July!

Love to all xx
Kaz

Postby JoM » 22 May 2024, 17:25

Afternoon all, it’s not stopped raining heavily all day.

The garage clear out has now spread to the house and I’ve spent the day going through cupboards in here, and I need to look in the garage and try to judge how many storage boxes I need and do an Ikea click and collect for tomorrow night. There are still two boxes of CDs to sort through, they’ve been packed away in the garage since we moved house over 13 years ago. John’s going to bring those into the house as there are hundreds to sort through. Keep some favourites and send the rest to the charity shop I think.

John’s on his way back from Sunderland and Joe’s not long left work so we’ll have a later dinner today. Steak pie and veg.

Enjoy the rest of the day all :)

And The Charlatans and Johnny Marr one week later
JoM

Next

Return to Cafe