The Random Thread

A place to chat with friends, old and new

Re: The Random Thread

Postby JanB » 17 May 2024, 20:48

Busy week next week.

We have Alan and Nina coming up to stay on Monday night and going out to dinner. On Wednesday we have four friends coming here for dinner and I am having to make two separate dishes, as Rachel doesn-t really like meat :roll: And then Grumpy has his second cataract op on Saturday.
JanB

Postby JanB » 21 May 2024, 20:44

Wednesday night is cancelled, we're both feeling like a sack of spuds.

Alan and Nina went this morning but the pusscat has not been seen since they arrived :cry:
JanB

Postby Kaz » 21 May 2024, 21:49

She'll be back now they've gone ((x))
Kaz

Postby miasmum » 22 May 2024, 20:47

She's obviously sulking somewhere bet she'll slope in soon
miasmum

Postby JanB » 22 May 2024, 21:19

She actually didn't come back until late last night :shock: :shock:
JanB

Postby JoM » 30 May 2024, 12:04

There’s been another awful accident on the main road between here and the next village over the weekend, two teenage lads and one girl in the car were killed :(

Don’t know how many deaths it’ll take for something to be done about the road, it’s only six or so months since a man died and his son was badly hurt on the same stretch when someone hit their car head on, and there have been fatalities along there before then too.

And The Charlatans and Johnny Marr one week later
JoM

Postby meriad » 30 May 2024, 12:21

JoM wrote:There’s been another awful accident on the main road between here and the next village over the weekend, two teenage lads and one girl in the car were killed :(

Don’t know how many deaths it’ll take for something to be done about the road, it’s only six or so months since a man died and his son was badly hurt on the same stretch when someone hit their car head on, and there have been fatalities along there before then too.

Crikey Jo, that is horrendous - the poor families.

what kind of road is it that makes it so dangerous? We have one road close by, dual carriage way in both directions, with quite a few smaller roads joining from the sides - too often cars coming from the side roads think they have enough space to join the big road, but the cars coming along are so much faster than seems and it ends in disaster :cry:
meriad

Postby Workingman » 30 May 2024, 13:02

Jo, from my time at RAF Stafford I remember some of the roads your way and round the Chase. Ria, there are some flat and straight bits where you could get up a bit (lot) of speed and then suddenly a twisty bit to catch you out. Horrendous at night or when wet.

I'm thinking of those poor families. What a loss at such young ages.
Workingman

Postby Kaz » 30 May 2024, 17:09

Oh Jo, how awful! :(
Kaz

Postby Kaz » 30 May 2024, 19:27

Oh blimey, I almost forgot that it's a "taster session" at the SW meeting tomorrow where we're asked to take in SW -friendly food :shock: So I have quickly whipped up a tortilla using "free" food - eggs, red onion, tomatoes herbs and leftover new potatoes. Now I'm waiting for it to cool down, so I can cut it into small pieces and box it up for the morning :)

Good job I remembered now, and not in the early hours :roll: :lol:
Kaz

PreviousNext

Return to Cafe