Attempted scam - URGENT! PLEASE READ.

A place to chat with friends, old and new

Re: Attempted scam - URGENT! PLEASE READ.

Postby saundra » 23 May 2024, 14:31

Wm temu is a huge company like Amazon is here
saundra

Postby Workingman » 23 May 2024, 14:54

Ah, thanks Saundra, so Temu might have been hacked as well as me. If they ask for it back they can have it, I have no use for it.
Workingman

Postby saundra » 23 May 2024, 14:56

In China I think forgot to say
saundra

Postby miasmum » 23 May 2024, 18:47

I've just bought two dresses from Temu very cheap but rubbish quality. I shall unsubscribe now they have been delivered but their tracking was very good
miasmum

Postby Workingman » 23 May 2024, 19:21

Aye, and they have tracked you as well. Watch out and keep and eye on your bank account.
Workingman

Postby Suff » 24 May 2024, 13:24

Temu is the classic super cheap place to shop if you have a high risk threshold and can wait up to 6 weeks for your goods. Alibaba and Aliexpress are now running warehouses in Europe and the goods are moving from China price to Europe price.

What I'm wondering is whether someone ordered this expecting the delivery driver to drop and run at your door and that they could get it before you did. With extremely good tracking that would mean they would know almost to the minute whether it had arrived at your door or not.

Which would mean that whoever ripped off your card knows where you live and is also local to the area.

Something to think about.

Do you have paperwork with order numbers? Because to order it from Temu they had to use an email address. In this case they can be tracked if they don't know that you have the details of the purchase. Worth going to the police with the data and asking their internet crime task force to get onto it? I don't have a lot of faith but if you have data I can ask my son who you should reach out to.
There are 10 types of people in the world:
Those who understand Binary and those who do not.
Suff

Postby miasmum » 24 May 2024, 19:22

My dresses only took 10 days and they definitely flew in as i had the flight details
miasmum

Postby Workingman » 24 May 2024, 19:56

Suff wrote:What I'm wondering is whether someone ordered this expecting the delivery driver to drop and run at your door and that they could get it before you did. With extremely good tracking that would mean they would know almost to the minute whether it had arrived at your door or not.

My thinking as well, unfortunately I was at the door when the parcel got dropped off. I now have a free drone. I'll give it a week or two and if it is not claimed I'll have a bit of fun. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Workingman

Postby Suff » 24 May 2024, 21:45

miasmum wrote:My dresses only took 10 days and they definitely flew in as i had the flight details

Very light. I guess they take whatever is best for the materials.
There are 10 types of people in the world:
Those who understand Binary and those who do not.
Suff

Re: Attempted scam - URGENT! PLEASE READ. Update.

Postby Workingman » 03 Jun 2024, 12:50

It all becomes a bit clearer...

Over the weekend I got a letter from froogul to tell me that my points card would run out on the 7th and that a £29.99 monthly charge would now be made till I cancelled. How could this be? I do not have such a card and I have never, ever, been in touch with froogul.

However, according to the letter, the Username on the (new) card is a Mr Radcliffe (that's obviously not me) and the Password was given as Max. There is no way on Earth that I would have such a weak password and also companies do not usually send username and password / PIN details in the same letter, so off I went back to the bank's fraud department.

As we were going through things we discovered that the letter re the card was sent to Mr Frank Radcliffe at my address, and so was the box containing the drone. That's my fault in not picking this up by not wearing my glasses when picking up mail or deliveries.

Anyway, all is safe and secure.

Tip to myself: Always read the name and address on things pushed through the letterbox. :roll: :lol: :lol:
Workingman

PreviousNext

Return to Cafe