Good morning Monday

A place to chat with friends, old and new

Good morning Monday

Postby Ally » 27 May 2024, 06:08

Good morning.

34° today and getting hotter as the week goes on. I'm ready for it. :lol: 8-)

Going for a Guadalmar walk with Don and we'll get some food shopping on the way home. :D

More than happy to spend the day at home after that by the pool with my kindle. :lol:

Have a great day.
Ally
Site Admin

Re: Good morning Monday

Postby Kaz » 27 May 2024, 08:03

Morning all :)

Our weather looks changeable, that's probably the politest way to describe it, Al :P :lol: xx

I think the Tall Ships Festival is still on, down at the docks, but if we go reasonably early we should be ok for breakfast in Portivo's. Might be meeting Em and Dave, not sure yet as we've not firmed up plans. Round to D's at some point.

Enjoy your Bank Holiday Monday everyone xxx
Kaz

Postby JanB » 27 May 2024, 08:16

Morning Ally, Kaz and everyone

Sunny, but bowing a hooley, so rather cold walking past the open windows :lol: Hitting 36C later this week :Hi:

Off down to the Algarve this morning, for Grumpy to see the eye surgeon. He's happy enough to drive, which I am glad about, he is not too keen on my driving. I like to go a little faster than 40kmph :lol:

Bit of shopping, whilst we're down there, C & A, Iceland and on the hunt for fresh asparagus for <>Wednesday.

It will be either lunch or dinner out, depends on the time we get back.

Have a good day everyone, whatever you're doing xx
JanB

Postby cruiser2 » 27 May 2024, 08:29

Good morning everybody.

Still only 17C here. Where is summer. What has happened to global warming? It has ben raining and there are still lots of grey clouds.
So will be staying inside just pootling again.

Have a good day everybody.
cruiser2

Postby Osc » 27 May 2024, 10:11

Morning all, much better weather wise at the moment, sun and cloud - I was hanging out towels on the line earlier and the sun was quite warm. Rain forecast for later though. It’s not a bank holiday here so I’m off to my mobility class in a while and Edward has already gone to play golf. I’m getting a dental implant this afternoon, not looking forward to that. My friend who lives in Boston and has a small apartment here is over at the moment, she just phoned me and we had a good chat, she is going to France later in the week so hopefully we’ll meet up when she gets back.

I forgot to tell you, the MRI revealed osteoarthritis in my knee, the next step may be a steroid injection, so I have to make an appointment to see someone about that. There’s always something!!
Osc

Postby jenniren » 27 May 2024, 12:07

Morning all :D

Very changeable, one minute sunney the next it's raining :?

It's Z&M's 23rd anniversary today, where did all the years go......

Tesco have just delivered, It was an hour early last week, just as well we're usually up in time :lol:

Sorry about your MRI result Osc, hope steroid injections help, if not I guess you'll eventually be looking at a new knee. As you say there's always something, it's a hazard of getting older, but much better than the alternative xx

Hope you all have a good day xx
jenniren

Postby cromwell » 27 May 2024, 12:36

Good afternoon.
A funny sort of day here. Cloudy, sunny, rain in quick succession.
Sorry about your knee Osc, from a fellow sufferer. I didn't know steroid injections were a thing with bad knees.
Not much doing today. The calm before the storm, as we get both Eliza and Dobby the dog tomorrow.
Have a good day everyone.
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored" - Aldous Huxley
cromwell

Postby saundra » 27 May 2024, 12:46

Morning all it's the same here sunshine now black cloud
Osc good luck with the dentist today you are so luxury quick appointment here we only have one dentist here and we have to go miles Leeds York and beyond it is a dreadful situation take care everyone
saundra

Postby JoM » 27 May 2024, 14:29

Afternoon all, one minute we’ve got beautiful sunshine and the next it’s pouring down.

We started the day with a walk with Bill on Hednesford Hills and since getting back John’s been up on a ladder into the eaves of the garage and for quite a few bags of old bedding, towels and soft toys down. We’ve managed to fill the car to the brim again with what was hopefully the final tip trip and once he’d dropped that off he came back and took a load of cuddly toys to the charity shop.

He had Joe are going for a bike ride shortly. Joe wants to stretch his legs out after his half marathon yesterday. He did it in 1 hour 54 and Amanda wasn’t far behind at 2 hours 5. Once they’d started we grabbed a McDonalds breakfast and then walked to the half way point with the water bottles, we were able to track them on an app so knew exactly when they were approaching us. A man came talking to us as we stood waiting and he was waiting for his wife - she was running it at the age of 80!

Have a good day all :D

And The Charlatans and Johnny Marr one week later
JoM

Postby saundra » 27 May 2024, 15:03

What a weekend for you all no well done to The runners
And lady of 80 wow
Glad the garage is empty you can put the c in it now I did
watch on tv and the match
How is there home owner getting on? :lol:
Last edited by saundra on 27 May 2024, 21:21, edited 2 times in total.
saundra

Next

Return to Cafe