Look-Alikes

A place to chat with friends, old and new

Look-Alikes

Postby Aggers » 03 Dec 2012, 17:39

Ton got me thinking when she said, regarding the photo of Ali and me, that she thought she had seen me before.

When you think of the millions of people in the world, it seems incredible that there are so many different faces, and there must be the possibility of there being a look-alike of you somewhere.

A few years ago, in Merry Hill Shopping Centre I met a lady who I took to be the nurse at the factory where I worked. I knew her well. as the Medical Centre was then under my control. ''Hello Liz', I said. She looked at me blankly and said. ' I'm sorry. you must have the wrong person'. 'Come on, Liz', I said, 'What's the matter with you ?'. 'I told you'. she replied, I don't know you', and she pushed past me in a huff.

I found it almost impossible to believe it wasn't who I thought it was. She was identical in every way, even her mannerisms.

Have you ever had anything like this happen to you ?
Last edited by Aggers on 03 Dec 2012, 17:44, edited 1 time in total.
Aggers

Re: Look-Alikes

Postby Kaz » 03 Dec 2012, 17:44

Not me but in his younger days my Uncle Chas - mum's youngest brother - was the absolute dead spit of the late singer John Denver! He often got asked for autographs :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Kaz

Postby Workingman » 03 Dec 2012, 19:46

Six billion people.... there have to be doppelgangers.

It is amazing how many are on our doorsteps. I have an old teacher friend who lives nearby and I see her double in ASDA. She, the double, thinks that I am a crazy man, but we still talk to each other. :lol: She really could be S's twin sister.
Workingman

Postby Paddypix » 03 Dec 2012, 20:05

I have a doppleganger in my own town but although several friends have seen her, I never have. It's definitely not me and she hasn't been spotted for several years now, so maybe she's moved away or died.

WM, you are the spitting image of a Champion Gurner. :mrgreen:
Paddypix

Postby Workingman » 03 Dec 2012, 20:09

:D It might not be me.

You have to say it with an Ant and Dec I'm a Sleb accent for it to work. :P
Workingman

Postby KateLMead » 03 Dec 2012, 20:25

Workingman wrote::D It might not be me.

You have to say it with an Ant and Dec I'm a Sleb accent for it to work. :P

Oh dear Frank, What's happened to that handsome fella. ;)
KateLMead

Postby elusivelaine » 03 Dec 2012, 21:46

I get it all the time. I must have a familiar face! :roll: :D
"I'd kiss you, but I just washed my hair." - Bette Davis
elusivelaine

Postby JoM » 03 Dec 2012, 22:51

I was once looking through our local newspaper and "I" was in an ad for a beauty salon (no, not the before pic in a before and after shot - it was the beautician who owned the salon). She was my double, even down to the hairstyle :|
JoM

Postby saundra » 04 Dec 2012, 00:25

Kaz wrote:Not me but in his younger days my Uncle Chas - mum's youngest brother - was the absolute dead spit of the late singer John Denver! He often got asked for autographs :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol:

kaz your dad was like john denver
i thinkxx
saundra

Postby Weka » 04 Dec 2012, 03:35

I had a double here in auckland when I was 17. She even drove the same car as me, same colour and almost the same number plate!! I was xx5903 and she was xx5904! She got me into so much trouble so many times as she lived just on the edge of my "stomping" ground, so I was often asked by mum, "you were seen in Avondale, what were you doing there, when you should have been at school." I wasn't, honest was my reply so often. Mum never believed me till one day she drove past my mum and me. Finally mum believed me. Even I couldn't believe it, it was like looking in a mirror.
But that's not where it stopped. A few years later she got me into trouble again, this time at work, for parking "my" car in another companies spots, we all shared the same carpark. I swore black and blue that it wasn't me, so one day I did park my car right next to hers, just so I could prove to my workmates which was mine, and which was hers.
And to this day, I never officially met her. We waved a couple of times, but that was it.

I haven't seen her since.
Everything happens for a reason
Weka

Next

Return to Cafe