Finally something goes right

A place to chat with friends, old and new

Re: Finally something goes right

Postby Kaz » 06 Dec 2012, 22:12

They are a nice thing to have Paddy :) I've had Victorian houses though so IKWYM ;) Our last house but one was a small Victorian cottage and the only bathroom was downstairs :roll:

We're a bit spoilt now - two baths three loos, and only three of us here most of the time :) At least there is never a queue for the loo or the bathroom - handy with a teenage daughter :lol: ;)
Kaz

Postby Kaz » 06 Dec 2012, 22:15

The house I grew up in had the tiniest bathroom ever, only just room for a bath and a sink, and the only loo in the house was almost outside, as it was off to one side of the back porch ;) Freezing cold in winter if you needed a wee in the night :? :lol:
Kaz

Postby JoM » 06 Dec 2012, 22:21

I love our en suite, we have the shower cubicle in there which is something I always wanted but couldn't fit into the tiny bathroom at our old house - the bathroom door even had to open outwards onto the landing because there wasn't room for it to open fully into the bathroom before hitting the sink. Here, the en suite is ours and the family bathroom is for the boys to use.
JoM

Postby tonicha » 06 Dec 2012, 22:22

I now insist on two bathrooms, got used to it on our old house.

But before we did it up, the bathroom was downstairs - and it had a kitchen sink (yes, the stainless steel type :shock: ) and a bath. The one and only loo was half way upstairs, literally on a stilt :shock: :shock:

The previous owner was a plumber and instead of making everyone use the outside loo, he'd built this on the dog-leg of the staircase. Took us ages to actually knock it down.
tonicha

Postby Kaz » 06 Dec 2012, 22:28

Same here Jo - we use the en suite and Becky and H use the bathroom ;)

:shock: Ton :shock: :lol: :lol:
Kaz

Postby Diflower » 06 Dec 2012, 22:42

How lovely Weka :)
When we were at Bb's flat the boiler broke down and with one thing and another it was about 8 weeks without hot water! His parents were about 3 miles away so we went there for showers, and he took the boys swimming every time they came so they could all shower there :D
Diflower

Postby Weka » 07 Dec 2012, 09:23

It's not exactly huge this bathroom either. Its 1.7m by 1.8m. Enough room for a small bath an a sink. The boys have done a lovely job, I just need to find a nice shower curtain, hang the odor, reprint the window sill (once the cats are no longer in residence, grr) bit of touch up on the walls, hang the mirror, mirror light, towel rails.... Then it will be done. :lol:
Everything happens for a reason
Weka

Postby debih » 07 Dec 2012, 09:31

I love our ensuite. It has a really big shower cubicle in and I adore it.

We have the main bathroom with a bath and shower over it. Yesterday I discovered that it is much easier to wash the pots in the bath using the shower head than it is to wash them in a bowl in the hand basin!

I can't wait to get my kitchen sink back - I realised this morning that I haven't had one since just before we went to the Lake District which was the last week in October!
Life begins at the end of your comfort zone!
debih

Postby Weka » 07 Dec 2012, 09:38

Deb you can get kitchen taps that have a pull out hose with a shower head look a like
Everything happens for a reason
Weka

Postby saundra » 07 Dec 2012, 10:39

i would love an ensuite shower room
saundra

Previous

Return to Cafe